Herbie Hancock Is Writing New Music With Flying Lotus And Thundercat

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
97083a44eda5cb0affc22e4c50651b3fdde804065d21f8222621a417

Herbie Hancock, the acclaimed piano player, is working on his follow-up to 2010’s The Imagine project and is looking to collaborate with some familiar faces. He’s been working with Flying Lotus and Thundercat on some new music and is very aware of the forward thinking L.A. beat scene telling Billboard:

“There’s a scene that’s happening, kind of an underground movement that’s given partially to a connection to jazz or a new form of jazz. It’s very difficult to define because what’s involved is very often hip-hop and rap and electronics and jazz elements, classical elements. it’s pretty broad-based, very open. It touches on the experimental while at the same time touches on the street. So I’m very intrigued. I feel I have something that I might be able to kind of bring along and add a little bit to the sauce with a lot of these young voices, so let’s see what we come up with.”

The three musicians have worked together in the past on a track called “Moment of Hesitation” from Flying Lotus’ last album You’re Dead!

Watch a video below of Thundercat recounting the time he and FlyLo introduced J Dilla to Herbie Hancock.

:blessed: L.A. beat scene :ohlawd:

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Herbie Hancock >>>>

some of his albums are weirder than flying lotus most weird shyt. this will be good.