Hitboy airs out Kanye and says he's trapped in a bad deal as well

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
This.

Tech 9ine makes a killing on the independent circuit.

I mean what really is the point of being on a label now? I hear and read way too many horror stories of cats signed to 5 people and they can't even make money without having to give it to 10 people before hand and they left with crumbs. Labels that sign young up and coming artists...only to shelve them and have them send their best songs and beats to build up another artist that label has invested in. Artists that end up broke and penniless living in a hotel room in 5 years time. Artists not owning thier masters or publishing. These record labels that take advantage of young kids that have never seen real money before and know they can bleed them for hits and throw them to the wayside for another artist who will continue the cycle.

Imagine being some naive bright eyed 19 year old...who just got offered a million dollar deal for some raps that got viral from wshh/twitter/youtube...

They've probably never worked a real job before or seen real money like that...and these labels just act like Wake Up Now scammers dangling dreams of mansions, designer clothes, foreign cars, and IG thots in their faces.

So they end up blowing through all that money buying Raf on grailed and Balenciaga sneakers.
Not knowing they have to recoup that.

so then it's time to release that first album after the succesful mixtape...you on No Jumper, Breakfast Club, tryna promote the album...Akademiks bytch ass talking bout you...then album releases...

It bricks and sells 4,000 copies first week.
Now you fukked up in the game.:no:
Labels don't see a return on their investment:no:
So they cut their losses and drop you from the label:no:
Now you're no longer on the label and in debt to them.:no:
And you signed to 5 different nikkas:no:

Fast forward...3 years later.

This rapper is now HOMELESS and living in a car.
Went from fukking bad bytches
In a 6 bedroom, 5 bathroom mansion
Holding money phones to his ear for IG
doing molly, xans, drinking lean,
to struggling to find a clean bathroom in a Burger King.
Mansion foreclosed
Cars repossessed
Had to sell all they jewelry at the pawn shop and got 35% of what they paid for it
:no:

This was entertaining to read. Can we get another chapter, breh:feedme:

Daps
I couldn't imagine not being independent though. I release music whenever I want. When you signed to a major you can't just do that...there's too many hands on your work and so much red tape that needs to be cut through.

We don't need labels in 2020. Especially with digital distribution services, soundcloud, bandcamp, youtube, and social media like twitter and facebook. Sure they have the tools and the resources to take your music to the next level, but then you're trapped in a contract that may have terms that will be hard to negotiate in the future.

you can be on both an independent label and a major label (see Top Dawg Entertainment, Griselda Records, etc).
there's a million types of deals you can have, because every contract is negotiable believe it or not. it just that these artist be too hungry and sign whatever, probably not knowing they might be worth a better deal in the future.

kanye probably never thought he would bag kim to level his whole life up to where he would not need whatever contract he's on now :francis:

3:30

Thread Killer
Daps
Reppin
3:30
What does this even mean? Lol, he didn't know hit boy was signed to him?

I don't understand this tweet. Does he mean he didn't know Hit-Boy produced for Beyonce while he was signed to him? Like, producers signed to production shouldn't have to run every beat they give to someone else by the person that has them signed (unless it's in the contract of course, and sometimes it is.)

No matter what, Hit seems like a stand up dude for putting what seems like a petty move from Kanye to the side, in order to speak on something more important.

Jay is a snake and Kanye is captain obvious

If he dropped hit after this happened it could hold some weight but if anything is clear , it’s that they had problems long before ..

Daps
This.

Tech 9ine makes a killing on the independent circuit.

I mean what really is the point of being on a label now? I hear and read way too many horror stories of cats signed to 5 people and they can't even make money without having to give it to 10 people before hand and they left with crumbs. Labels that sign young up and coming artists...only to shelve them and have them send their best songs and beats to build up another artist that label has invested in. Artists that end up broke and penniless living in a hotel room in 5 years time. Artists not owning thier masters or publishing. These record labels that take advantage of young kids that have never seen real money before and know they can bleed them for hits and throw them to the wayside for another artist who will continue the cycle.

Imagine being some naive bright eyed 19 year old...who just got offered a million dollar deal for some raps that got viral from wshh/twitter/youtube...

They've probably never worked a real job before or seen real money like that...and these labels just act like Wake Up Now scammers dangling dreams of mansions, designer clothes, foreign cars, and IG thots in their faces.

So they end up blowing through all that money buying Raf on grailed and Balenciaga sneakers.
Not knowing they have to recoup that.

so then it's time to release that first album after the succesful mixtape...you on No Jumper, Breakfast Club, tryna promote the album...Akademiks bytch ass talking bout you...then album releases...

It bricks and sells 4,000 copies first week.
Now you fukked up in the game.:no:
Labels don't see a return on their investment:no:
So they cut their losses and drop you from the label:no:
Now you're no longer on the label and in debt to them.:no:
And you signed to 5 different nikkas:no:

Fast forward...3 years later.

This rapper is now HOMELESS and living in a car.
Went from fukking bad bytches
In a 6 bedroom, 5 bathroom mansion
Holding money phones to his ear for IG
doing molly, xans, drinking lean,
to struggling to find a clean bathroom in a Burger King.
Mansion foreclosed
Cars repossessed
Had to sell all they jewelry at the pawn shop and got 35% of what they paid for it
:no:
Not to mention the advance they got has to be taxed first :damn:

Daps
I couldn't imagine not being independent though. I release music whenever I want. When you signed to a major you can't just do that...there's too many hands on your work and so much red tape that needs to be cut through.

We don't need labels in 2020. Especially with digital distribution services, soundcloud, bandcamp, youtube, and social media like twitter and facebook. Sure they have the tools and the resources to take your music to the next level, but then you're trapped in a contract that may have terms that will be hard to negotiate in the future.
If you think about it the most labels can do is get you famous a lot quicker they can’t even guarantee that you’ll make fans

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah being independent sounds good but it’s way more complicated than just saying “use the Internet, you don’t need labels” you can be successful without one but it’s only so far you can get.
totally forgot about Taylor suing I believe her former label or manager for royalties from her earlier hits I think. You are correct sir!
She’s gone re-record her old songs because she don’t own her old work

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
That’s what the huge record labels want everyone to continue to believe. Trust they’re struggling to keep this thought process as the norm as urban generational wealth increases, even if minuscule. Diddys kids can negotiate from a different space. It’s what Budden is trying to do in podcasting but us blacks hate to see a first that breaks in or the ones that break in add an additional lock to the gate! Social media is a free fan building tool. The big record business isn’t as necessary as they want every artist to believe. You have direct connections to your fan base.

You have artists that literally talk to millions of their fans directly, create and plug their own music just to let some talentless Jew or Jew offspring control your art & collect the lions share when it profits!

I wanna be on Joe's side so bad, but;
  • Famous black people have a problem making their problems, "I'm fighting for us." No, Joe fighting for Joe. DJ Ak accused him of some shady shyt back at Complex.
  • "Urban generational wealth" isn't increasing. :mjlol:
  • Combat Jack already knocked down so many doors for podcast as he was doing them back as far as 2008.
  • Black people don't typically get behind the "first that breaks in," because they typically don't keep the door open. see DJ Ak's accusations of Joe Budden
  • Black people's concerns are always dismissed as hate

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
KD didn't make enough noise for Ye to give a fukk.

shyt as bad as Nasir was, it still made more noise than KD off the notoriety of the release and concept alone.

:mjlol: that shyt straight flopped. but you got nikkas talmbout Ye is salty, like Nas is Beyonce or somebody :russ:

Last edited: