Hodgetwins only making $300 dollars a month off of 2m subs on YouTube

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
It was always dangerous to make your living dependent off of youtube in the first place. The people who got in lucky pretty much hit a form of the lottery. What you should use youtube for is pretty much an advertising platform where you funnel your visitors elsewhere to your own platform.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I've seen other people with way worse content than them still make money off YouTube.

MikeOck

Banned
Daps
It was always dangerous to make your living dependent off of youtube in the first place. The people who got in lucky pretty much hit a form of the lottery. What you should use youtube for is pretty much an advertising platform where you funnel your visitors elsewhere to your own platform.
They did well to try and diversify to merch and stand up but there will always be the primary source of income

All Star
Daps
Yeah, it's been this way for a while, now. Like, 5+ years.

It's not Google, though, it's the advertisers dictating it. I went from making maybe $100/month off YT, to $100 every 6 months, down to $100 once a year.

Gonna be nothing, soon. They've been randomly demonitizing my channel, lately.

It's all content from 2010 or older tho, so it's been passive income. :manny:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, it's been this way for a while, now. Like, 5+ years.

It's not Google, though, it's the advertisers dictating it. I went from making maybe $100/month off YT, to $100 every 6 months, down to $100 once a year.

Gonna be nothing, soon. They've been randomly demonitizing my channel, lately.

It's all content from 2010 or older tho, so it's been passive income. :manny:

Does The Ads apply to other video sites also? Like I know we can make our own YouTube scripts on sites like mechbunny

I assume these other sites we don’t gotta worry about or count on annoying ads for people to watch for us to make money. Sites and Tube scripts like this below may be kind of how Youtube was from 2006-2010

I guess I would just set up and Adsense and make money through that. Thinking of a niche. May just do some anime. I only really got into DBZ like most brehs but this may be a good niche

Tube Script by Mechanical Bunny Media

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
the amount of money you make from youtube ad revenue is really not hitting like that

i get $30 CPM but I also dont have the same number of views as others. Like it was said earlier its better as a discovery platform to put eyes on products/services

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
the amount of money you make from youtube ad revenue is really not hitting like that

i get $30 CPM but I also dont have the same number of views as others. Like it was said earlier its better as a discovery platform to put eyes on products/services
CPM?