Honduras Signs Deal to Create Private Cities

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
[ame=http://soundcloud.com/freetalklive/ftl-interviews-michael-strong]FTL Interviews Michael Strong About Free Cities by Free Talk Live on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

Interview with Michael strong... Leader of the group making it happen

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
possible creation of well guarded enclaves for the mega rich, as the world descends into increasing poverty

Yup it's so sick. These a$$holes are getting so brazen they don't give a fukk. All that wealth could be used for the good of humanity but these guys rather make a fort so they can get away doing all types of things they would get arrested for.

I feel bad for the people in Honduras.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Anyone check the interview out?

Michael strong sounds like a legit guy to me. He background is in education, he's set up some great charter schools in inner city areas

He's backed by the whole foods guy, another guy with a good reputation. The state will be governed by a transparent board of people with great world wide reps.

I see this as a good thing for Honduras, they need the jobs

Strong says this will happen worldwide, he's already in talks with Guatemala, Senegal and an unnamed middle eastern country

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Anyone check the interview out?

Michael strong sounds like a legit guy to me. He background is in education, he's set up some great charter schools in inner city areas

He's backed by the whole foods guy, another guy with a good reputation. The state will be governed by a transparent board of people with great world wide reps.

I see this as a good thing for Honduras, they need the jobs

Strong says this will happen worldwide, he's already in talks with Guatemala, Senegal and an unnamed middle eastern country

So its still up in the air wether this is a good or bad thing?:leon:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
im willing to give it a try, if it succeeds it would be very significant, it would show that good laws and culture are the key to economic success and that finding can be used by real cities and real government to improve their economies

and as long as these cities are taxed properly, it will increase government revenue and improve the overall economy

i made this thread the other day http://www.the-coli.com/higher-lear...-caribbean-economic-freedom.html#.UG24nZjA_AI

and i think few people understood the significance of it, this is is significance becuase again it shows how good laws and economic freedom can improve the economy for everybody

Daps
Reppin
NULL
and i think few people understood the significance of it, this is is significance becuase again it shows how good laws and economic freedom can improve the economy for everybody

thats disingenuous logic since their economic model isnt really feasible for other countries

The Bahamas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the most prosperous countries in the Caribbean region, The Bahamas relies on tourism to generate most of its economic activity. Tourism as an industry not only accounts for over 60 percent of the Bahamian GDP, but provides jobs for more than half the country's workforce.[25]

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
thats disingenuous logic since their economic model isnt really feasible for other countries

The Bahamas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i dont get what is you are showing, first even using your logic, the "model" would apply to every other Caribbean country like haiti and jamaica since they all have the capacity for tourism

but aside from that it still applies to other countries they just have to find something else besides tourism, the point is that economic freedom promotes economic progress

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont get what is you are showing, first even using your logic, the "model" would apply to every other Caribbean country like haiti and jamaica since they all have the capacity for tourism

they would have to compete with countries that already fill that niche eg the bahamas, turks and caicos etc

so the market for tropics tourism isnt infinitely open ended. this kind of option doesnt even exist for other countries ie land locked paraguay or bolivia

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
they would have to compete with countries that already fill that niche eg the bahamas, turks and caicos etc

so the market for tropics tourism isnt infinitely open ended. this kind of option doesnt even exist for other countries ie land locked paraguay or bolivia

i dont get what you are talking about, caribbean countries already compete with each other, and if they compete even more thats a good thing

as for as paraguay and bolivia, what would they have to do with anything, i never help up tourism as an economic model, that is what you said, i said that economic freedom is the model, what industries countries want to get into is up to them

Daps
Reppin
NULL
data seems to say that tourism is very critical, given that its over half of their total economy, ie removing it would completely destabilize them. seems like the primary element. hong kong also has high amount of "economic freedom" ie no capital gains tax.... and is a society of a few extremely rich guys and a lot of extremely poor ones ie its not an ideal society. can you account for this?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
data seems to say that tourism is very critical, given that its over half of their total economy, ie removing it would completely destabilize them. seems like the primary element. hong kong also has high amount of "economic freedom" ie no capital gains tax.... and is a society of a few extremely rich guys and a lot of extremely poor ones ie its not an ideal society. can you account for this?

the entire region depends on tourism, there are dozens of countries in the Caribbean, I don't really understand how being dependent on tourism makes Bahamas any different than any other Caribbean country

I don't see why I would have to account for hong kong, I think hong kong has to account for hong kong residents, i cant account for how the government uses their money or how to fix social ills, that's a local issue, but at least hong kong has the money where they can argue about how to fix it, in places like Honduras there is no money to even argue about to begin with

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Strong said Honduran law would not apply in the cities but they would have to adhere to international conventions on human rights and other basic principles.

:merchant:

have these guys not read any science fiction?

george_orwell_1984_2.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the entire region depends on tourism, there are dozens of countries in the Caribbean, I don't really understand how being dependent on tourism makes Bahamas any different than any other Caribbean country

I don't see why I would have to account for hong kong, I think hong kong has to account for hong kong residents, i cant account for how the government uses their money or how to fix social ills, that's a local issue, but at least hong kong has the money where they can argue about how to fix it, in places like Honduras there is no money to even argue about to begin with

the logic is that you cant transpose bahamian economic planning to other countries ie honduras, paraguay, bolivia, hong kong. hong kong is a lot like whats being proposed by these people for honduras, and hong kong is a mess, unless youre one of the rich ones