Honestly at this point I wouldnt't be mad at a Steph, KD & Bron teamup

Would you like to see KD, Bron, & Steph team up next year

• Total voters

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
If jokic wins another ring which is a strong chance and he is already a lock for 3MVP will you say he will have surpassed the likes of kobe and steph already?
I think there is a strong argument with another ring jokic ranks higher than kobe and steph all time, he would have triple the former league and would have more fmvp than curry and league mvp as well
No, but the fact this can even be a conversation is a testament to the universal recognizance that Jokic is on a historic tear of dominance. You're not crazy for floating this, because NBA Media is already discussing this:

But since you asked my opinion, I think it's a no...

Parker said he's pushing him to Top 10, all those guys on that level had longevity of being elite that Jokic is still far behind at this point. First of all, I don't personally believe Steph is Top 10; he's close enough that I'm not arguing with someone who has him there, but I don't think Steph is yet GOAT10...

Kobe is ahead of Steph by a spot or few, so if the question is "can Jokic leap to Top 10 after this season", then Steph being the low point is the bar we're aiming for, and he just doesn't have Steph's resume yet. He'd have one more MVP and tie his chips as a #1, if Jokic wins this year, but the totality of Jokic's work hasn't eclipsed the totality of Steph's, even with another ring this year...

Even if that seems imminent...

Jokic is shooting up these All-Time boards like a rocket though, no BS about that. And this conversation about where he is currently is gonna amplify the deeper he goes this year, and certainly if he wins it all again. But GOAT10 is a high ass bar, the guys we put there can't just easily be removed by a few year run...

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You should be ashamed of yourself :mjlol:
I know bruh but this aint wjat KD did they wont be as a good as that or nearly as bad as dream, pip and barkley either. Dream, Clyde and Chuck went to the WCF atleast

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
No, but the fact this can even be a conversation is a testament to the universal recognizance that Jokic is on a historic tear of dominance. You're not crazy for floating this, because NBA Media is already discussing this:

But since you asked my opinion, I think it's a no...

Parker said he's pushing him to Top 10, all those guys on that level had longevity of being elite that Jokic is still far behind at this point. First of all, I don't personally believe Steph is Top 10; he's close enough that I'm not arguing with someone who has him there, but I don't think Steph is yet GOAT10...

Kobe is ahead of Steph by a spot or few, so if the question is "can Jokic leap to Top 10 after this season", then Steph being the low point is the bar we're aiming for, and he just doesn't have Steph's resume yet. He'd have one more MVP and tie his chips as a #1, if Jokic wins this year, but the totality of Jokic's work hasn't eclipsed the totality of Steph's, even with another ring this year...

Even if that seems imminent...

Jokic is shooting up these All-Time boards like a rocket though, no BS about that. And this conversation about where he is currently is gonna amplify the deeper he goes this year, and certainly if he wins it all again. But GOAT10 is a high ass bar, the guys we put there can't just easily be removed by a few year run...

The argument i would have to that is peak for peak who was better? Would you disagree that this current version of jokic is better than any version of steph? Even when he was the unanimous MVP i would argue he wasnt at this level, recall jokic is about to get the 3mvp and you can say he had a very strong case last year as well. In terms of kobe i would argue no championship he won as the number 1 option on the team not as a sidekick to shaq, was as good as jokic run last year, where he beat, the suns, lebron and a tough heat team. I just find it hard to say that a guy who is about to be a 3x league mvp and could likely have be 4x mvp if not for embiid winning last year in a very close vote, isnt better than steph or kobe with just one. if he wins this year then its a serious argument.
Then again you can say the same thing for giannis, cant you? What about KD? Is jokic closer?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Steph has showed that without a superteam he cant win anything and KD same thing as well this is the second stacked roster and he is about to crash out in the first round again of the playoffs, steph and KD run is over
2015 and 2022 championship was a super team?

Go home Roger!!!!

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
2015 and 2022 championship was a super team?

Go home Roger!!!!
Was lebron with a superteam when he won his ring in cleveland, the consensus by his detractors on this forum has always been lebron needed a superteam to win every single one of his rings, this is despite the fact that kevin love was not an all nba caliber player that year nor did he get all star selection, yet clowns said it was a big three and super team, thus the same applies for curry , you cant have one standard for curry and another for lebron. So Yes curry had a superteam to win any of his rings

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Was lebron with a superteam when he won his ring in cleveland, the consensus by his detractors on this forum has always been lebron needed a superteam to win every single one of his rings, this is despite the fact that kevin love was not an all nba caliber player that year nor did he get all star selection, yet clowns said it was a big three and super team, thus the same applies for curry , you cant have one standard for curry and another for lebron. So Yes curry had a superteam to win any of his rings
Yes he had a super team in Cleveland when he won a ring

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The argument i would have to that is peak for peak who was better? Would you disagree that this current version of jokic is better than any version of steph? Even when he was the unanimous MVP i would argue he wasnt at this level, recall jokic is about to get the 3mvp and you can say he had a very strong case last year as well. In terms of kobe i would argue no championship he won as the number 1 option on the team not as a sidekick to shaq, was as good as jokic run last year, where he beat, the suns, lebron and a tough heat team. I just find it hard to say that a guy who is about to be a 3x league mvp and could likely have be 4x mvp if not for embiid winning last year in a very close vote, isnt better than steph or kobe with just one. if he wins this year then its a serious argument.
Then again you can say the same thing for giannis, cant you? What about KD? Is jokic closer?
Peak for peak, I don't know that Jokic has even peaked yet, mans is only in his 9th season. But assuming this is his peak, or that he's still peaking, I'd say he's maintaining this peak longer than Steph held his, which is a point in Jokic's favor...

As a 1-year peak no I don't believe I've yet seen Jokic higher than '16 Steph. But I also don't think I've seen Jokic that much lower than that either. Jokic's separation at peak is that, Steph really only held that supernova peak for a season. Jokic has held that peak for a multi-season stretch...

Even with that said I still think Steph has the better body of work as currently stands...

Jokic's run last year was and is overrated. It matters in the sense that he won it all but I don't view it as an All-Time run, we're getting way too loose with calling whoever wins the championship, an "All-Time run". I'm not looking at the players he beat, I'm looking at the actual teams. He didn't have to beat a great team last year, his team was just clearly better...

Now, he goes b2b, doesn't matter the quality of the opponents because guys don't just rip off b2b runs like nothing, been 6 years since we last saw a b2b run. But for the record if he goes b2b he'd have to go thru great teams----->this year's Lakers he got in Rd1 but they ARE better than last year's Lakers...

Everybody he faces henceforth will be better than the same round last year...

Kobe had a 15-year prime, bro. Jokic is in like the 6th year of his prime. With that gap in longevity you'd have to be dominating the sport to a higher degree than what Jokic is. Also the '09 Comeback Kobe run, or collectively paired with '10, those runs are comparable to '23 Jokic. Some of the shots Kobe was hitting in those runs, particularly I'm remembering the '09 WCF and Finals, are very reminiscent of Jokic going takeover mode in '23...

This run doesn't jump him into the Top 10 so it doesn't jump him over Kobe Bryant...

Moses Malone has three MVPs abd isn't considered GOAT10. He also led two teams to The Finals, he was a baller...

As far as Durant, his peak wasn't historically, obscenely high, so I think Jokic has peaked higher than Durant. I don't think he passes Durant with a title but I think that's much more arguable, Jokic is probably Top 20-ish finishing off with a chip this year (and probably still Top 25 if he doesn't win it this season). Durant had a 13-year prime, he'd still be ahead of Jokic for me but it would be closer...

Giannis and Jokic are neck and neck as the best player in ball and are both at the same level historically, somewhere in the 20s of greatest players ever. Peak is about the same to me, the separation is that Jokic has a takeover mode in crunch time that Giannis just doesn't have, and it'll probably be what ultimately separates him from Giannis in the long run. But player-to-player, Giannis is every bit as dominant and impactful except for in those clutch moments...