Honestly to me, new ghost in the shell don't look as good as the og movie

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Like there's no epic ness to it, it looks like pretty much any other big budget sci-fi movie, a bunch of illuminous colors and slow motion like

Looking at this

And look at the original

(Can't find any original trailer but still )

Like the new movie looks pretty but it doesn't have that grit like the original, the theme of it kind of gets degraded abbot because of that, and I'm also mad as fukk it's pg-13 cause we won't see Scarlett's t*ts,

But I'll still see it just to validate my own criticism

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm not suprised at all, if they at least made makoto Japanese and made the movie rated R it would've done better

If they had made her japanese and released it in Asia a month earlier and just rode the hype train all the way till the USA release. It could have done numbers. This is gonna hurt all possible future anime adaptations on screen too.:sadcam:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The visuals in the movie are fukking nuts, they really killed it in that aspect. the acting performances were dope. I still have the same problems I have with the anime as this one in regards to the story. I never thought the anime was a classic to begin with, it's not even close to stuff like akira, spirited away, princess mononoke etc.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It didn't flop because of that. It flopped because it wasnt a very good movie.
yeah when I saw that title I was like :ehh:if that's the excuse they want to hide behind great, anything that will put an end to unimaginative move to white wash fir mass appeal I am for it. But if Dr strange is anything to go by if the flick is good ppl will come

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I watched the OG movie recently, it was boring as shyt.

:dead: It didn't flop because of that. It flopped because it wasnt a very good movie.
i will probably see it on dvd someday. Was it as bad as lucy? I was thinking it was at least gonna be better than lucy.And the OG version is legendary. You guys are blaspheming. That shyt set the standard back then.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
i will probably see it on dvd someday. Was it as bad as lucy? I was thinking it was at least gonna be better than lucy.And the OG version is legendary. You guys are blaspheming. That shyt set the standard back then.
Idk about Lucy but the movie went from average to yeesh about 3/4ths in.
The og is still a quailty film but sitting there listening to ramblings of philosophy of life more then once is boring.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was ok. Wanted to hate it but gotta admit it was alright. Not great, mot breath taking. Watched the original as a younging and i barely remembered the story. By today's standards it seemed like a pretty standard scifi plot. I don't remember if back then the plot was well recieved.