Honestly what’s so good about Baker Mayfield?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was impressed when I watched him last season, but I have been very unimpressed with him to start this season

He seems like hes trying to force a big play every throw, he must be feeling the pressure of expectations

Daps
Lamar finna own that division....

source.gif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing right now.

This guy couldnt read the Jets defense.
And aside from the long TD to Beckham, he looked mediocre.

But according to last night's broadcast, Booger McFarland was thrilled with him, saying Mayfield reminds him of Brett Favre. And that he loves Baker's "exuberance"

It was around this time I put the game on mute.
I haven't actually watched a football game on ESPN in years and was saying "Keyshawn Johnson sounds dumber than usual tonight" ...then a friend texted me it wasnt Keyshawn.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Objectively speaking,

I think Baker Mayfield has legitimate talent. He has a great rookie season and while he made some mistakes it was still well above many's expectations coli included.

BUT

There are 2 problems this year.

Freddie Kitchens is not nearly the offensive coordinator people purported him to be and I wonder if Gregg Williams would have been the better choice long term as HC.

The 2nd is totally Baker's fault.

He his feeding off his own hype. He is playing hero ball and trying to force the ball especially to ODB and that is not going to work. He wants to make the big play when there were times he could have just dumped it off or even used a TE as a safety valve. He's not reading defenses like he should and relying on instincts and he's not good enough to do that.

It's still early and he can improve but he needs to first humble himself and work his game inside out.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was impressed when I watched him last season, but I have been very unimpressed with him to start this season

He seems like hes trying to force a big play every throw, he must be feeling the pressure of expectations
Yeah he has OBJ now too so he’s forcing everything trying to use those weapons. When he learns to keep it simple he’ll get it going