Honestly what’s so good about Baker Mayfield?

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Baker ain't what he's being made out to be, he threw 3 pics against the titans when the titans aren't great defensively.

I was with you up until this. U clearly don't watch enough football. That's the 1 saving grace of the team. Vrabel & Pees have had that defense humming.

Sadbrownsfan

All Star
Daps
Honestly he forced a lot at the end of Tennessee but he’s being too much of a gunslinger shyt is being way overblown and that’s what’s worrying me. He was like that at times last year and was making amazing throws.

He’s missing very easy NFL throws. Big chunk plays, 6-7 yard outs, and even check downs that add up. Defenses are confusing the shyt out of him and it’s rattling him which might explain some of the accuracy stuff. Also needs to stop the 15 yard drop back shyt. He has a very good arm but he’s not Mahomes.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t getting nervous.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
any young qb who throws the ball alot could change the browns culture, ya'll had bernie kosar for christ sake and it doesn't get anymore of a game manager than that dude.

Ya'll had ernest byner and other workhorse RBs, ya'll haven't been a truly open up offense for probably 20 years or more, any young qb who throws could change the whole mindset.

Truth is Baker can't read coverage that well yet, he still throws into doouble coverage quite often and he is pretty good at throwing pics due to forcing the ball out.

He's not there or nowhere near the level of hype the media gives him and yes he's the next great white hype cac and that's the thing that bothers people. He's similar to farve with the gunslinger mentality but farve is a better reader of defense (earlier years).

Baker ain't what he's being made out to be, he threw 3 pics against the titans when the titans aren't great defensively.

Baker is gonna get Laundry or Odell hurt if he can't control his reads, Odell could have easily gotten lit up on that 89 yard TD pass.

Breh what the hell are you talking about? The titans are a top 5 defense :dahell:
You aint gotta lie on others to tell the truth on Baker

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
First off I feel this topic has already been done. 2 Baker is in his second year. 3 the media is going to do what the media does, why folks get bent out of shape is beyond me.

4. If by the end of his 3rd year, he's still trash then fine.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
He's that slice of Americana.

That steaming apple pie, right out the oven.

That old pickup truck you see driving down the road on a late Sunday afternoon, with a dog on the passenger side, with its head out of the window, basking in all the great air this great nation of ours has to offer.

That man with a big yard and a big wallet to match, yet he still refrains from paying someone to mow his lawn. Pish tosh. He mows every single solitary acre himself.

Baker Mayfield: Americana personified :smugfavre:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
He's all in

giphy.gif

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Mahomes didn't play his first year breh ... has Andy Reid, not a first year coach/playcaller.

Let's hold off not comparing him to Mahomes. He certainly has that ceiling of talent.

The Browns are gelling on the fly.
He’s nowhere near Mahomes’ level, you doofy fukk