hot take: The hood areas of DC are worse than baltimore or Philly

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
I feel you bruh but bmore is a whole different level. I’ve been around the world and bmore is like 3rd world country level of poverty. There are places in bmore that straight up feel like another planet. I mean entire blocks of boarded up vacants, no crackheads, no activity, just an eerie silence. Like will smith in I am legend. Ive seen trees growing out of abandoned row houses.
That was kind of my point. I been to BMore A lot (one of my favorite cities just because I love the people the food and culture) and don’t disagree it’s a more impoverished looking place than DC but it’s also a perfect example of how all these comparing which city is harder than the other is insignificant, because while BMore look more impoverished, the black people in DC are just as impoverished. (Actual DC) . So it don’t even matter which buildings look nicer lol. Spent summer as a teenager in southeast DC and west BMore visiting fam. I’m from ATL. Op was trying to say DC was more live, so I was saying BMore just as live , and so are other cities, so what’s the point of the conversation. So I’m saying the same thing as you trying to show op it’s no point trying to do the this city is more live than the next one. They all just as dangerous. They just look different. Have different cultures. Statistics go up and down and switch places every other year. I don’t care where they are toe to toe with statistics. They are both dangerous as fukk and crime is everywhere just like every other hood in America

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC has bad areas but Baltimore and Philly hoods are bombed out :skip:

Speaking of NOMA I remember being on North Capitol watching a junkie brandish a knife at another junkie while cacs was jogging a block away :skip:

DC is a tale of 2 citiez fr
that intersection of north capitol p street and Florida might be dc version of kensington ave :mjlol: