House Passes Bill to Raise Minimum Wage to $15, a Victory for Liberals

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The fact that some clowns in here still think $15 an hour is a lot of money. That's BELOW a reasonable minimum wage, anywhere in America. fukk the small business owner. You can't afford to pay your workers a REAL living was wage you deserve to fail. The market will replace you with someone who can.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The fact that some clowns in here still think $15 an hour is a lot of money.

It is for burger flipping.

That's BELOW a reasonable minimum wage, anywhere in America.

That's not true. You can definitely get an apartment and a car with $15/hr in the midwest and south. Mainly the coasts are where you need $20/hr to make ends meet.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage in the 1970's was about $30.

Yes.

$30 for flipping burgers.

That's why the "Old Economy Steve" meme guy could buy a new car with the cash from his summer job.

So when these a$$holes tell you a higher minimum wage would run everybody out of business, remember that they are either lying or they don't know what the fukk they're talking about, because the truth is that the minimum wage USED TO BE HIGHER.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Well the american people will see if the rethugs really care about the people or the rich

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Summer Internship and Volunteer Fellowship Program

"Programs will start in June in key states across the country, and run for approximately nine weeks. Internships are paid and require a minimum hourly commitment per week, and Volunteer Fellowships are unpaid with a flexible hourly commitment."

Elizabeth Warren Leads By Example On Staffers' Equal Pay

"According to Warren's team, the senator currently employs 31 women and 20 men in her Senate offices in Washington, D.C, and Massachusetts — not including interns. (Warren's office is one of the few that offers paid internships, including a $15 per hour rate for interns who don't receive support from their colleges or other programs.) The office's top leadership roles are occupied by women, two of them women of color specifically: chief of staff Anne Reid and legislative director Beth Pearson, based out of D.C., and state director Nikko Mendoza, based in Massachusetts."

I think it's fair to criticize her wrt volunteer fellowships, but it's quite a bit disingenuous to claim that she doesn't pay any interns.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
It is for burger flipping.

That's not true. You can definitely get an apartment and a car with $15/hr in the midwest and south. Mainly the coasts are where you need $20/hr to make ends meet.

Stop, just stop breh. Most jobs that pay minimum wage aren't even full time jobs so if the wage was increased to a MONSTROUS $15 an hour the average recipient wouldn't see the full yearly benefit of it.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage in the 1970's was about $30.

Yes.

$30 for flipping burgers.

That's why the "Old Economy Steve" meme guy could buy a new car with the cash from his summer job.

So when these a$$holes tell you a higher minimum wage would run everybody out of business, remember that they are either lying or they don't know what the fukk they're talking about, because the truth is that the minimum wage USED TO BE HIGHER.

Link to that? Because adjusted for inflation the minimum wage now is $12.10. So there's no way it was $30/hr in 1970.