HOUSE SHOWS: Who Goes? What Happens?

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I haven't been in like 20 years.

Are there ever title changes?

Any real storyline development?

Do they let guys wrestle better, longer matches?

Do the stars show up or is it just jobbers?

I mean, what's the real difference between house shows and say Raw or Smackdown or Impact?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Are there ever title changes? No

Any real storyline development? No

Do they let guys wrestle better, longer matches? Yes

Do the stars show up or is it just jobbers? Mix

I mean, what's the real difference between house shows and say Raw or Smackdown or Impact?
No 20 minute promos, & intermission

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Only time a title change happens at a house show is if a wrestler :ufdup: or gets injured...

But I never been to a house show but that shyt looks dope as hell. Pretty much u get PPV quality matches with a mix of jobbers and main eventers. Since it's not on live TV, the matches last longer and they cater to the home crowd to make it seem more special.

It's also a good avenue to test out matches between 2 wrestlers to see the crowd reaction and if it goes well they can transition it to Raw...

I need to go to one :obama:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Better matches for sure. I went to one a couple of weeks back and the Rollins-Cena street fight was better than anything they put on Raw

Also there's a lot of dudes in person who seem like much better wrestlers than we appreciate from only seeing TV. Sheamus and Kofi Kingston are pretty dope live. Jack Swagger surprisingly is still pretty over with Live crowds

But it is literally rinse and repeat as I looked at some reports online of other house shows on the tour and its literally the same sequence of events and outcomes. But that's fine, its expected to be.

Superstar
Daps
I've never been to one but the production value at these shows looks :scusthov: Partly the reason why I never went

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bexcok.jpg

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Heels especially are a lot more fun at house shows, sometimes they'll get 5-10 minutes to just cut promos on the people in the audience. They'll really let loose and mess with the crowd especially loud hecklers or people who get too into being mad at them, thankfully I'm smart enough to stay off the radar but I've had friends get that work from

Stone Cold (I'm gonna send out for a salad for you son since I'm worried about your cholestorol levels)

SES era CM Punk (sure tough guy, hate to be the one to tell a grown man this but it's make believe out here, I'd real life kick your ass though)

HHH (I'm gonna take a wild guess here, your names Mark isn't it pal?)

I tend to have more fun at house shows than tapings because they're more about having a good time and trying out things and less about being storyline dependent. I wouldnt chase a house show circuit tho, like say Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ilinois will likely get a similar lineup/outcomes.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're fun. I've been to WCW, WWE and TNA house shows. I like them. The wrestlers seem to be enjoying themselves more than when they are on TV because it's all kept pretty simple and they get more freedom in the ring and on the mic. You're probably not going to see a match of the year candidate because no one is going to go all out like that, but it will be a fun evening.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

Are there ever title changes?

Any real storyline development?

Do they let guys wrestle better, longer matches?

Do the stars show up or is it just jobbers?

I went to the last MSG house show in July. I know they probably put extra effort in but it was a dope show.

Had Cena vs Wyatt in a lumberjack match that featured Triple H and Flair leading two sides. Wyatt even did a backstage promo in the middle of the show.

Orton and Jericho had a superb long match and Del Rio and Sheamus also had a great match.

Hell Nikki Bella and Natalya even had a cool match with Charlotte and Sasha Banks from NXT.

Plus Vince was backstage, which almost never happens. I had a great time but there's definitely more kids (Cena fans) at house shows compared to TV's and PPVs.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Better matches for sure. I went to one a couple of weeks back and the Rollins-Cena street fight was better than anything they put on Raw
They have street fights at house shows :wtf: How could there bodies handle that type of match multiple times a week :dwillhuh:

Taker was working House shows as recently as 2009 :ohhh:

Dude breaks character at house shows too :dwillhuh:

:heh: at dude biting Utimate Warrior's gimmick, would'nt do the Spin-A-Roni but dances with Hornswoggle

:comeon: