How and why are so many people struggling?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
He has a point though. Man created this current system and we can see some people are getting the short end of the stick. I believe the heart of man is inherently flawed. I mean look at all the wars that have been fought since the beginning of time. Look at slavery, look at any ill committed today.

Anyway, not tryna derail this thread (which is excellent, we gotta start asking these questions and getting people to wake up to financial literacy)
I'm thinking about what you said and I think most animals on this planet would do the same thing
Just think about how insanely violent most animals are, of course predators hunt but they're wired to kill over territory, mating rights, killing other babies to start mating, or they may just get the urge and just do it in a show of aggression, and most herbivores will do all that and even eat meat themselves sometimes, now imagine they had a highly developed thought pattern and built more advanced societies, with that kind of inherent nature they'd probably have way more frequent conflict than we would.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
It's called capitalism. A system where people who own the means of product are the master of those who don't. Those who own the means of production are incentivized and by law, obligated to maximize the value of the capital that they own.

One of the ways to do this, is to invest in technologies that increase productivity.

Another way is to pay people as little as possible.

In the USA, we are in late stage capitalism. Meaning we are a highly advanced, post industrial, service based ecomomy.

There are no more gold rushes. There are no more new and exciting industries. There are no new frontiers. Human beings aren't needed for many services to function.

People are being phased out of the economy
If you don't have the advanced and deep knowledge in computer science, cyber security, IT, high corporate finance, engineering - the disciplines that are foundational to the function of a post industrial economy, you ain't making real money. However, those jobs are limited and require a significant investment in education which is expensive in the USA.

You need to make 22 an hour just to have an apartment in the USA. That's not the average hourly wage in the USA.

If you wanna be rich and wealthy with no real effort - go to Africa or Asia. That's where most of the wealth is right now and that's where most corporations are looking to invest. A late stage capitalist nation is a nation with a rigid economic hierarchy and gross inequality. People ain't buying shyt anymore besides services to make their slavery tolerable.

Africa and Asia are have some of the most underdeveloped nations in the world.

If you think there is riches to be made in the West, you haven't been paying attention the last 40 years.

If you wasn't shyt in the Dotcom boom and the post Dotcom boom, you struggling. That was your last chance to make easy money.

I agree with mostly everything but the bolded, Humans are always changing, evolving and adapting which leads to new ventures and values. The rich always find ways to get richer. I believe there will always be a new venture or ''gold rush" to capitalize on to make fast money.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
A lot of great answers in here, but cmon :comeon:

Most people who are struggling as grown ass adults are brand whores, they gotta have the top of the line EVERYTHING with no or very low paying jobs

let's not pretend that we don't know this for a sake of an online discussion...it's a huge part of our culture to live outside of our means and own things we can't afford