How can Cyborg reach the modern prominence of BP?

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
He's white as fukk breh:gucci:

I don't know who in :dahell: your thinking of but Azrael is a breh.
azraeltwo03.jpg

michael_lane__earth_27__commission_by_phil_cho-d9up00v.jpg

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This is a bait thread.. how many black marvel heroes can match the even solo scale of Black Panther ??? NONE,

for the simple fact that BP is more than JUST a super hero, he's a king with a RICH AFRICAN history and wealth, his story was always going to be an event. you think a war machine or falcon is putting up numbers ??

you nikkas need to chill with these lame threads..

anyways, only one as others have said is John S.. but since the GLC movie isnt a solo but a buddy flick it's not gonna be an event per say... i wish you nikkas will get out your ass instead of saying dumb things
Facts :scust:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Forgot to address it but I think @MartyMcFly is right in his earlier point, Cyborg really isn't that type of character anyway. And i also agree with@obarth in that not many characters in general are, even if you remove the qualifier of being a "black" superhero.

Cap is the embodiment of America's pride and idealism. (Arguably white America if you factor his look). Wonder Woman embodies feminism, arguably white feminism. Black Panther obviously is an embodiment of African pride, or black pride. And although their race, gender and patriotism aren't brought up like the others, Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Iron Man are more covert representations for white males. However, the thing with all the characters mentioned is they have a cool factor and appeal that can transcend any specific demographic.

Spider-Man and Batman have obviously been the shining examples of this for decades now, and at the end of the day, all these fictitious characters are "superheroes" meant to give fantasy wish-fulfillment/escapism to kids and young people. They're supposed to embody great things or great concepts.

Which is where Cyborg falls a bit short because everything about him feels more like the person who you'd rather have be your friend, than the person you'd actually want to be. And why i agree that a John Stewart or Static Shock would work better. And a shoutout to Vixen too, who is a bit underrated.

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT
With Cyborg he is best used if you go full blade runner sci-fi.
Black Lightning wasn't on anyone's radar and mostly remembered from the Super Friends cartoon until the show dropped. With the right push any character can go from boring/joke/2nd tier to top of the class.

the irony of @Ironman dapping this is not lost on me :lolbron:

Lhark

All Star
Daps
He wont unless DC actually spends time on him and write him a good story. To do that they need a writer that cares.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
Azreal is and will forever be Jean Paul Valley.
Anything else is bullshyt.
Like trying to say Terry McGinnis is Batman

:mjlol:@Jean Paul Valley. Cape for dead fakkit cacs, brehs. By far the worst Azrael. :blessed:Michael Lane the only man mentally strong enough to wear the Suit of Sorrows and not lose his sanity.:ufdup:Even Batman wasn't mentally tough enough.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Black Panther works not just because of Black Panther, but because Wakanda is tied to him. Exploring Afro-futurism is one of the key aspects of the Black Panther hype. Not to mention the black characters that inhabit Wakanda.

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Not to get into this petty shyt but your first point minus all the rage lol is true. There aren’t many marvel or dc black characters who can do what black panther is going to do. Maybe luke Cage? But that’s a maybe for me.

my bad, just had to say that cause people wanna make it seem one sided when its not, BP is just a specially created superhero that fortunately transcends the typical black hero.. thats why this movie is going to be huge, not just huge but an EVENT. and this wont happen again, same way Cap Marvel is not gonna do what Wonder Woman did..

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cyborg has never been a sidekick.....

He'll never be as big as Panther because there's no "Wish fulfillment" aspect to his character. Cyborg is a tragic hero who's constantly exploring the depth or lack of his own humanity after his accident. Black Panther is the pinnacle of Black Excellence and over the years more and more people have gravitated towards that.