How can I tell if my neighbors are fukking with my wifi?

Daps
If your phone(s) is(are) connecting fine without bandwidth issues, it could be a malware infection that's causing problems on your desktop/laptop that's screwing with the OS's TCP stack.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
If you have a password, then it is most likely the shytty internet company..I have to sometimes call Spectrum to fix my shyt too

Also do Speedtests 5-10 times to see what you are seeing

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Change your password, channel, and update your firmware if there’s an firmware update.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Change your password and tell them what it is, when they use it you will know it's them

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
In what way? Also, what channel your 5ghz is using does not really matter to much anymore, given that most if not all internet provider routers come configured using 80 Mhz channels, which is half of the wireless spectrum on 5 GHz.

I’ve learned that it doesn’t like to switch to the best channel all the time. I’ve used the channel monitoring software to confirm it was most likely that and not attenuation issues. Once I switched to a different channel that was not the same as my neighbors everything was fine.

I could be way off on this but that’s my personal experience

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I’ve learned that it doesn’t like to switch to the best channel all the time. I’ve used the channel monitoring software to confirm it was most likely that and not attenuation issues. Once I switched to a different channel that was not the same as my neighbors everything was fine.

I could be way off on this but that’s my personal experience

For 2.4 or 5 GHz?

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
For 2.4 or 5 GHz?

5GHz

So basically a while back I noticed that 5GHz was starting to perform horribly in my bedroom, whereas in times before the speeds would dip a little because of the walls and doors, but still be faster than the 2.4. I didn't switch the location of any of my other network equipment.

So I started doing some investigating and after switching the channel everything worked like before. I live in a condo so I downloaded the software to see what people above and beside me were using, and if that caused any interference.

I chalked it up to that, but if you have any other ideas as to what it could be, I'm all ears breh. You seem to know your stuff

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
5GHz

So basically a while back I noticed that 5GHz was starting to perform horribly in my bedroom, whereas in times before the speeds would dip a little because of the walls and doors, but still be faster than the 2.4. I didn't switch the location of any of my other network equipment.

So I started doing some investigating and after switching the channel everything worked like before. I live in a condo so I downloaded the software to see what people above and beside me were using, and if that caused any interference.

I chalked it up to that, but if you have any other ideas as to what it could be, I'm all ears breh. You seem to know your stuff

No i believe you are right, it is just not something you usually have to do. I guess if you and your neighbors use wireless mainly, especially for streaming and at the same times it can cause speed issues due to co-channel interference. But i would recommend using the auto function 99% of the time.

Last edited: