How come Christianity isn't viewed as successful cult?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First off i'm assuming your talking about in America.

Secondly, did you even bother to lookup the word cult before posting this thread? :snoop:

Cult
-A cult is a religious or social group with socially deviant or novel beliefs and practices.

Socially deviant breh, as in deviating from acceptable societal norms....

This country was founded on Judaeo-Christian values, how can Christianity be seen as socially deviating from the norm if that was the social norm that laid the framework for this country? :dahell:

That's like asking why Islam isn't viewed as cult in Saudi Arabia :mjlol:

Regardless, congrats on your plat :ehh:

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
First off i'm assuming your talking about in America.

Secondly, did you even bother to lookup the word cult before posting this thread? :snoop:

Cult
-A cult is a religious or social group with socially deviant or novel beliefs and practices.

Socially deviant breh, as in deviating from acceptable societal norms....

This country was founded on Judaeo-Christian values, how can Christianity be seen as socially deviating from the norm if that was the social norm that laid the framework for this country? :dahell:

That's like asking why Islam isn't viewed as cult in Saudi Arabia :mjlol:

Regardless, congrats on your plat :ehh:

Thank you breh, the dark side appreciates the support

:evilkermit1:

But to only specially answer a part of your post, I looked up cult definition and everything that read as a cult can be applied to Christianity thus this thread was created to answer said question.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thank you breh, the dark side appreciates the support

:evilkermit1:

But to only specially answer a part of your post, I looked up cult definition and everything that read as a cult can be applied to Christianity thus this thread was created to answer said question.

Except for the part about it going against the social norms, which Christianity does not do, at least in America.

Now, if you said, "How come Christianity isn't viewed as a cult in Non-Christian countries?" I would promptly answer, "It absolutely is viewed as a cult :dahell:"

Maybe in 25 years when America has gone further down the path of secularism, we will be able to look at religions as cultish and against the social norms.

But in 2017, where in some states the 3rd thing people as you (after your name and occupation) is what Church you go to?

Nah Christianity is still very much integrated in the American experience... for now.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Yes Christianity is a religion and can also be a cult just like Halloween and Christmas. What my point is Christianity and the bible are different entities. Esau used the doctrine of Christianity to deceive the whole world. The men of the lord never identified themselves as Christians.