How come the most successful people usually are a$$holes and dikks?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im talking seriously successful people. Ted Cruz/ Steve jobs/ Jordan/ type a$$holes. They're CEOs, billionaires, senators etc. Very rarely would you find one who everyone considers nice and a decent man.

So basically if you want to make it you're gonna have to be a savage. You can't have both?

School me on game coli :patrice:

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
You also have to gauge who and what is worth taking a risk on.

Most people aren't worth the risk. Even friends and family sometimes. That's reality. It has nothing to do with being greedy or selfish and more about are the people on the same page? are our goals compatible? Will it work?

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Because the world is a jungle, and no matter how much concrete we pour, or steel and glass buildings we erect , the savages and connivers get to the top outchea. Whether operating inside or outside the law. And a$$holes are more forthright and more likely to apply willpower and impose their will on others.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Interesting that you brought that up.

One would think with them being so rich they would be happy all of the time and that would reflect in their interactions with others.

Im guessing since to be rich you have a better chance if your an a$$hole/dikk

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Im talking seriously successful people. Ted Cruz/ Steve jobs/ Jordan/ Kobe type a$$holes. They're CEOs, billionaires, senators etc. Very rarely would you find one who everyone considers nice and a decent man.

So basically if you want to make it you're gonna have to be a savage. You can't have both?

School me on game coli :patrice:

You can rarely find a decent person period. Being successful doesnt play much into it. :francis:

More on topic: Because the people that didn't do for you on your way to success are the same people who judging you for what you arent doing for them. That shyt is annoying. People aint shyt and once you are in a position where you arent forced to rely on people within the social construct of society, you see how fukked up they are and realize everyone is just "putting up" with each other because thats how normal people get by in life.
Also, sometimes successful people are just a$$holes regardless. They'd be a$$holes whether they worked at the DMV. :yeshrug:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
You can rarely find a decent person period. Being successful doesnt play much into it. :francis:

More on topic: Because the people that didn't do for you on your way to success are the same people who judging you for what you arent doing for them. That shyt is annoying. People aint shyt and once you are in a position where you arent forced to rely on people within the social construct of society, you see how fukked up they are and realize everyone is just "putting up" with each other because thats how normal people get by in life.
Also, sometimes successful people are just a$$holes regardless. They'd be a$$holes whether they worked at the DMV. :yeshrug:
Exactly. Some people are just waiting for that moment for success, that opportunity...then you see how people really are. I hate to use relationship analogies, but I feel it's neccesarily appropriate here. You got that high school sweetheart you've been with since Freshman year. You graduate college same class. You get married. You're just basic, living that basic life. Then that Don Juan DeMarco guy comes along who has more money, more opportunities, better looking, etc, and he's all up in your girl's grill and she's feeling him...eventually she leaves you for him and you realize, you were just there for the time and she was putting up with you until something bigger and better came along.

In regards to the bolded: people need to remember 1 thing. YOU CAN'T BE EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE. Period.
Personally, I'm not the type of person that was content within success as defined by the social construct of society in the most basic ways...going to college, graduating, getting a good corporate job, getting married, having kids, etc...that's not my idea of success, it may be to someone else. So you realize if you're not going by society's blueprint to success, it's going to be much harder to get to that level...but when you do, you might be able to have that opportunity to put your day one people's on.

But you can't help everyone out. You can't give out money and jobs to everyone. You can't put as many of your people that fukked with you on the same spot of success. They might not know what to do with it. And then you'll eventually have people you've barely messed with like that as a friend or associate asking you to do stuff for them. even worse, you get people who hated your guts back in the day acting like they were day one people's just so they can get a piece of your pie.

:francis:

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I work in the corporate world and I work closely with some people that are very high hope the corporate ladder. Its a dog eat dog world with a lot of chess playing. Don't trust anyone.
No one plays the game fair at all, and the people who lose out the most are the starry eyed goody two shoes who played the rules and played the game. They are the first ones to get upstaged by those who cheated and didn't play by the rules.And eventually get their dreams shattered.

Life ain't fair. Tough shyt. Learn to adapt to the game, find a cheat code, play the game...or the game plays you.

This is why people say it's not about what you know it's about who you know. Then you realize that degree you spent 4+ years trying to get is essentially not even worth that much. Even your resume with all of it's references, work experience, credentials, etc...is not as valuable as knowing someone in said company as a friend, frat/sorority brother sister, family member, etc. Cause keys open doors. If you don't have keys, what doors can you open? Someone is holding the door so you don't get in. Operating on good graces, being friendly, nice, and professional doesn't cut it in those situations.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Ther are a lot of unseuccesful people who are a$$holes, so it's hard to justify your point. But with what you're talking about there's specialized skill that's involved. Kobe's an a$$hole right? But he doesn't have stereotypical coworkers and a boss, or have to deal with office politics. He puts a ball in a hoop better than most people, and spectators pay to see that. He can afford to be an a$$hole because he's closer to the self employed side of things. Steve jobs had innovative tech that other people couldn't get thier hands on, so he could afford to be a prick and still be succesful.

If you just work in an office somewhere pushing papers, and you're an a$$hole, you're not going to get promoted quickly and your office relations will suffer. Most succesful people who are a$$holes in normal positions, get full of themselves after they get the position and think they're untouchable, that's why you see Middle Aged people have breakdowns or take drugs and pills when they get demoted. I've seen it first hand, they think they're above reproach until somebody knocks them over and their reality shatters and they can't cope.

I'm in executive management and while some of the entitlement around me is disgusting, most of the people also in management like myself are normal people who could, in all honestly, care less about coming off as a tyrant. My motto is "Lets all get this money, there's enough of it. :ehh:" while some managers would be on that "You need to prove yourself to be worthy of these positions" a$$hole angle. Nobody likes those people, and they get away from them. :yeshrug:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Because you are going to screw over a lot of people on your way to the top
Not neccessarily. It's more so taking the opportunity to do something faster than someone else. Being timely. Having the resources and capital to do what somebody else wants to do.

Let's look at @The Nigerian and Mollywatr. Even if he had the idea first, he didn't trademark it, he didn't put it out in mass quantities for public consumption, he didn't patent it, he didn't register an LLC, he didn't take care of the legal side of things, etc. So someone who did....and had the money and resources to do all came along, saw dollar signs, and executed what he was trying to do successfully. Is that really screwing over someone if you're doing what someone else didn't have the ability to or drive to really do it the way it should be done?

This is why you keep ideas to yourself...and never share information unless you can capitalize off of it.