How did AMIL flop? Why wasn't HOV able to make another Foxy?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What I'm trying to say is that once a group achieves a certain amount of crossover success and mainstream airplay, plucking the most visible member of that group for a feature can help you get access to those mainstream playlists, as well.
Nas got Lauryn on the hook for If I Ruled the World, before she became a solo act but fresh off the heels of the mainstream success of The Score. Opened up airplay and videoplay to him that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
Before she became a megastar in her own right.

On paper, the collabo made sense.....was just a flippity flop.
People aren’t saying it didn’t make sense, but there are people in here acting like “how could you flop with a beyonce song” and the point is Beyoncé’s name on a track didn’t carry top 40 single clout yet.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Didn't she get into Hebrew analytics and got sidetracked by her lack of dedication to succeed in the music industry? Looking at the landscape now she could have popped in the current climate but even more than then hypersexuality is mandatory it seems and I wonder if she was comfortable being portraited as a gold digging heaux armed with a couple ghost written 16s.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
:noah::noah::noah::noah::ohlawd:

cf02eb18548e427211972a9bb80e6b44d3e1a14c.png

Amil-Feet-4307453.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
takes more than lyrics to be dope - you need the right voice, delivery, mic presence, etc. she had a terrible voice and delivery and on the superficial side, was mediocre-looking

Lil Kim could have Carti writing for her and sound dope, she by far has one of the best voices and deliveries of all female rappers...

One of the label heads responsible for signing her. Wrote her single decided the single was worth putting out. again falls on Jay