How do I convince my girl to start using rubbers again?

Daps
This might be a long post.

Basically, I been financially dependent on my girl until recently. I'm saving up money to move out because the relationship is dead. Even after working out our issues, I'm just not in love anymore. Been working out, stopped drinking. Our lives are just separating.

Anyway, while I'm working and got a couple side hustles, I'm about to pick up a second job so I can expedite the process of breaking up and moving out. However, she still be tryna have sex since she's still in love. I avoid it but occasionally I'll have to smash to keep up the facade.

Im not a cheating dude but I don't want a slip up this close to the finish line. We're in the fourth quarter. Is there a way to start using rubbers again without seeming sus or creating a lot of drama? I can't totally give up yet because i need a few months to save up and I'm on this lease. I pretty much have to fukk my way out of this situation at least a few more times.

Daps
Not that hard really just ask her if she's on birth control when she looks at you crazy and says no, you tell her you don't want to have kids so you're going to start using condoms.
:yeshrug:
True. I could pull the safety first strategy. Not a bad idea.

wait til she sleep and them spraypaint "YOU GAVE ME AIDS" on your car.

:banderas: if i had a car, I'd be sleeping in it. I just wanna be out.

Edit: i misread. :ohhh:

That could work :mjlit:

Daps
just tell her you don't want to be with her and stop using her. if she really loves you, she might pay another month.
I appreciate the idealism but this is not how things necessarily work in the real world. In reality, people will be in dead relationships for years with absolutely no plan on getting out. This is hard enough. I don't need to turn up the difficulty for a pat on the back or to spare someone else's feelings. I know chicks that have done this for a year or more, and I don't think anyone was saying "you need to stop using him."

Daps
I appreciate the idealism but this is not how things necessarily work in the real world. In reality, people will be in dead relationships for years with absolutely no plan on getting out. This is hard enough. I don't need to turn up the difficulty for a pat on the back or to spare someone else's feelings. I know chicks that have done this for a year or more, and I don't think anyone was saying "you need to stop using him."

it's less of a pat on the back from somebody else, but to pat yourself on the back for being a stand-up person who can demand to be treated the same. as far as the chicks you know that have did that, maybe that says something about the circle you keep. coming from me, i am a chick who has been in this situation lol, and i did exactly as I suggested and even slept in another room. we are still friends to this day, i assume because we both see each other as someone deserving of respect. whatever little money he saved me by still paying the bills, i've made him back that and then some through our business ventures later on... something i could only have done because of respect.

but idk, maybe y'all aren't on that level. idk why. it doesn't sound like she did wrong by you (she even paid your bills) so idk why you approach it in a negative way. yeah you might save a little change but karma might come back on you. Pay the cost to be the boss!

Last edited:
Daps
it's less of a pat on the back from somebody else, but to pat yourself on the back for being a stand-up person who can demand to be treated the same. as far as the chicks you know that have did that, maybe that says something about the circle you keep. coming from me, i am a chick who has been in this situation lol, and i did exactly as I suggested and even slept in another room. we are still friends to this day, i assume because we both see each other as someone deserving of respect. whatever little money he saved me by still paying the bills, i've made him back that and then some through our business ventures later on... something i could only have done because of respect.

but idk, maybe y'all aren't on that level. idk why. it doesn't sound like she did wrong by you (she even paid your bills) so idk why you approach it in a negative way. yeah you might save a little change but karma might come back on you. Pay the cost to be the boss!
Dude, my girl is an alcoholic that has punched me in the face while I been sleeping. Done other violent shyt on other occasions. Kudos to you, but my situation is about escaping manipulation and abuse. I've had this chick turn off alarms or do other shyt that was cost me more than one job. Wasn't really tryna take it there but maybe this context will help you understand where I'm coming from. When we met, my life was in shambles because my mom died, family feel apart, and shyt deteriorated from there. It was a bad move. When I say we've fixed our issues, I mean I've figured out a way to occupy most of time as away from her.

I'm not tryna stay friends or any of that nonsense. I'm trying to get the fukk out. Again, hooray for you...but I'm just trying to figure out a way to minimize drama with this woman. So that's why I said, if I was a chick, no one would be saying "stop using him".

Daps
Dude, my girl is an alcoholic that has punched me in the face while I been sleeping. Done other violent shyt on other occasions. Kudos to you, but my situation is about escaping manipulation and abuse. I've had this chick turn off alarms or do other shyt that was cost me more than one job. Wasn't really tryna take it there but maybe this context will help you understand where I'm coming from. When we met, my life was in shambles because my mom died, family feel apart, and shyt deteriorated from there. It was a bad move. When I say we've fixed our issues, I mean I've figured out a way to occupy most of time as away from her.

I'm not tryna stay friends or any of that nonsense. I'm trying to get the fukk out. Again, hooray for you...but I'm just trying to figure out a way to minimize drama with this woman. So that's why I said, if I was a chick, no one would be saying "stop using him".

lol, well that's a different story but not an uncommon one. but tbh i wouldn't advise abused women or man to "stop using him".... i would advise them to GET TF OUT! and this is not an uncommon point of view, just look at the xxxtentacion story where everybody thought the girl was dumb as fukk for staying with x, even though she was basically homeless. NBA youngboy, same story, guys is abusive and they stay for the financial gain. not everybody thinks its ok as you suggest. but ah well, i guess you have a plan. good luck

Daps
lol, well that's a different story but not an uncommon one. but tbh i wouldn't advise abused women or man to "stop using him".... i would advise them to GET TF OUT! and this is not an uncommon point of view, just look at the xxxtentacion story where everybody thought the girl was dumb as fukk for staying with x, even though she was basically homeless. NBA youngboy, same story, guys is abusive and they stay for the financial gain. not everybody thinks its ok as you suggest. but ah well, i guess you have a plan. good luck
Yeah. I'm just rolling with the punches. I came up on some Kevin Hart tickets for this weekend and she overheard. I might not go now. :sadcam: