How do i finesse the CEO?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So….

Background: i work at a billion dollar financial firm that was started in the 90s. Ironically, you’d never know it if you drove by our corporate head quarters. Despite being listed on the NYSE, we arent actually a firm you would know about unless you were working in this industry because the whole company is very low key. As full disclaimer, its so lowkey that it gets away with a bunch of shady bussiness practices, but thats neither here nor there.

The company is so casual that the C-suite execs just randomly walk through the floors and have no qualms having convos with normal employees.

And this brings me to the point of this thread. So despite having nothing to do with the CEO’s job, i run into this guy multiple times a week. And i get this nagging feeling that i should be doing something or saying something to leverage the oppourtunity. But i cant seem to figure out what. :lupe:

Its kinda like if every morning you left your driveway on the way from work and saw a a briefcase with a million dollars just sitting on the driveway. You ignore it cause you dont know the consequences of picking it up, but you are still tempted to do so every morning. SO MY QUESTION IS : what would you do in my situation? How do you leverage a connection to the ceo of a company this large?:jbhmm:

To give a little bit of background, my immediate supervisor spends his time with the ceo justifying his existence cause he is afraid of being layed off cause of how little actual work his job entails. So he chases the CEO into the elevator and gives a detailed rundown of his day hoping it makes him look busy. Conversely, most of my other coworkers talk about sports with the ceo and are super casual. I even have one asian dude on my team actively trying to transfer to another tech dept in the firm, so he lightly prods the ceo with this point whenever they meet. None of these 3 approaches seem to benefited any of these guys, so i havent joined in.

AND While this is happening i basically play it safe and remain cordial with a greeting and then go about my bussines. but what would my fellow coliBrehs do about this scenario? If necessary i could move the thread to 6fig6certs, but it seems general enough for everyone.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Come up with an investable idea and pitch it to him

Find out ways that you can get mentorship for advancement. Stroke his ego (:dame:) in an authentic way to get on his goid side

Find ways that your firm is inefficient and leverage your ideas into a logistics/executive management position

Find a bottleneck and see if you can create a new department and head that department

Those are some ways :yeshrug:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like the reason dude is so comfortable socializing with everyone is because he’s that committed in his intentions of not doing anything for anyone or showing any favors
ruckus-this-cant-be.gif

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
So….

Background: i work at a billion dollar financial firm that was started in the 90s. Ironically, you’d never know it if you drove by our corporate head quarters. Despite being listed on the NYSE, we arent actually a firm you would know about unless you were working in this industry because the whole company is very low key. As full disclaimer, its so lowkey that it gets away with a bunch of shady bussiness practices, but thats neither here nor there.

So in other words they are a Hedge Fund that gets to dodge SEC rules because they get granted exemptions :ehh::lolbron:

I would leverage that relationship so you can become an Investor like him. Next time you see him at the elevator tell him

giphy.gif

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
You show what you can do for THEM!

What do you have to offer that brings something to the table

They aren’t sitting around tryna figure out what some random Jabroni can do for them so