how do you deal with micromanaging bosses?

Daps
Oh I used to throw shots at supervisors all the time, just made them more relentless

I mean it's less about throwing shots and more about staying on the grind and defending yourself until they move on, but that's pretty fun too

and excuse me for the lack of a better term in the first paragraph and continuing throughout the op guys. this is the main director on our team that im dealing with, but i report to an entirely different person. he manages a different side of our company accounting

if i wasn’t describing precisely enough.

he leads the entire team in meetings but only a few accountants on our team are assigned with his tasks and report to/get approval from him. what i do on my side has nothing to directly do with his immediate assignments/priorities and he has limited knowledge of what i even do. so i don’t get why he’s so bothered. he bothers the newer employee working directly under him less than he does to me

Ah OK. Yeah, even on his role in the chain, he still doesn't have any pull over you. Just do right and stay confident and YOUR department will notice and know you ain't about the bullshyt and will go to bat for you. He will not fire you...you're an @africngiant, gotta act like it around that rice cac:myman:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
only communicate with him in e-mail.

never have conversations where you 2 are isolated.

stay ducking out on him.

get cool with everyone else. win the popularity contest.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quit or check him. Sorry breh:francis:
Check him....then quit. Some learn their lesson after being put on blast. One Manager got demoted after the whole team said it's either him or us. Upper management had no choice because several people had already quit due to him.

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
doing above bolded would probably hurt his ego then he fires me much sooner lol. for the bolded he’s a family man though with kids so that’s more understandable if he doesn’t

if only he knew my proposition. ive always worked hard and been counted out my whole life to get to the point im at the same way he *may* have been also

i shouldn’t still have to walk on eggshells every interaction prove my professional mindset and capabilities to these people who don’t want to trust me as one of them
If you’re going to stay there, start documenting him. And when he’s talking reckless, ask him to explain while he that’s necessary. Go to HR once you have a case.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is one of the reasons you have to be saver so you can dip on any job that makes you dreadful. Those kind of bosses are common in the real world. But it takes a bold scolding for them to respect you. Like you have a meeting with them. A review if you will. A rundown of the areas in which he fails as a manager. And if he doesn’t change his ways you will have to take measures. Be ready to walk out. Always.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
yal got more faith in HR than I ever will :dead:
I had HR tell me to do some illegal shyt two years ago, I'm still blown by it.

Don't even get me started on the HR managers at Walmart