How do you know you've "Made it"?

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
“made it” is an illusion

humans are naturally selfish and never satisfied, we evolved that way to survive
This. Used to think having 1000 dollars in the bank was alot. Until I actually had that in the bank. Used to think making a few hundred dollars a day with some bullshyt hustling was alot until I made real money. Used to think 50k in the bank was alot, until I actually had it. Through the grace of Ogun looking to have atleast 500k in the bank in a few years, when I get that will probably feel that's not enough either :francis: .

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
It depends. All I wanted was my own place, once I had it, I was immediately depressed. Picked up cooking, just to fill the boredom. Ended up enjoying it more than usual and it helped people come over.
Money-wise? I always lived within my means. Never missed a payment on anything even through the roughest times and always had a decent amount of savings. I know I'm comfortable because I never feel the need to check my bank account after a purchase.
This essentially.

One of friends said he knew he "made it" when he forgot when payday was and was still able to carry on.

Lowkey, that's some shyt millions will never experience.

Daps
When you’re happy healthy, content full of self esteem and are able to do what you want and make money from it and have had great life experiences.

Daps
when my account hit 6 figures. i literally showed my mom and said "look ma, i made it". she agreed and that's all that matters lol 🤷‍♀️

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
This. Used to think having 1000 dollars in the bank was alot. Until I actually had that in the bank. Used to think making a few hundred dollars a day with some bullshyt hustling was alot until I made real money. Used to think 50k in the bank was alot, until I actually had it. Through the grace of Ogun looking to have atleast 500k in the bank in a few years, when I get that will probably feel that's not enough either :francis: .

This is exactly it. Exactly what I meant when I said:

you should never accept an outer definition of "success". That makes no sense. Invest in your own paradigm and thus you'll avoid the imposter syndrome slash "Is this it?" thinking that plagues many who like to sell and tell the image they've made it. Best believe they'll never say it but in a million quiet ways they display it as the mask slips on the life they invested in for the wrong kind of dividends.

A lot of this need for the extra, as exemplified by money (or its modern equivalent - status), externals one can point at are fueled by an internal aspect that is entirely ignored. They are trying to run away from something within whilst refusing to accept the past is always present. They get to the mountain top, the insurmountable peak that was once $1000 then 50K followed by 500K and then 5Ms and each time they find that inside nothing has changed, if anything its got worse.

This is an almost universal blind spot in modern society and a heck of a lot of people I've spoken to that have lifestyles that most could only dream of have reported a similar lack of fulfillment hence the immense need for distraction, be it overly focused on the work, hedonism or anything that distracts them from within.

When you're motivated away from poverty its hard to tell when you've arrived at riches. That and most of the world is walking around like beggars with solid gold bowls yet entirely ignorant of the intrinsic wealth they possess.