How Dollar General became rural America's store of choice

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They are EVERYWHERE in those areas. I was driving through a small town/rural area this past weekend and they are on every other street, and the parking lots were full. Probably saw 5 or 6 in the span of 30 minutes.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I lived in Millsboro, Delaware and Harrington, Delaware for a minute which are small a$$hole armpits of a town where everyone works at the Chicken Factory or the Prison :skip: You saw those dollar general shops everywhere. The Walmart in those kinda towns is usually a Super Walmart that’s 5-10 miles away and meant to service the whole area (20 miles or so) so for shorter trips to the store you would be more likely to go to Dollar General/Tree etc.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I lived in Millsboro, Delaware and Harrington, Delaware for a minute which are small a$$hole armpits of a town where everyone works at the Chicken Factory or the Prison :skip: You saw those dollar general shops everywhere. The Walmart in those kinda towns is usually a Super Walmart that’s 5-10 miles away and meant to service the whole area (20 miles or so) so for shorter trips to the store you would be more likely to go to Dollar General/Tree etc.
southern delaware is awful glad you got out

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
southern delaware is awful glad you got out

Had to stay with relatives to get my mind and myself right for a summer. There’s nothing down there. Though if you had some sort of work from home job or a business, I wouldn’t mind living down by Rehoboth all year round. Over there is nice, peaceful and serene. The white trash towns after you leave the beach area are boring as hell though.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i'm going to push myself out my comfort zone and try shopping at a dollar store :mjlol:

i do remember one time my mom stopped by one with her cousin, brought home some off brand ass laundry detergent (we were a tide household), had to use like 1/4 of the box in each load :bryan: :ufdup:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i'm going to push myself out my comfort zone and try shopping at a dollar store :mjlol:

i do remember one time my mom stopped by one with her cousin, brought home some off brand ass laundry detergent (we were a tide household), had to use like 1/4 of the box in each load :bryan: :ufdup:
don't waste your money.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Lower-priced items are often a financial necessity for shoppers. At a Dollar General in Nashville, Tenn., store manager Damon Ridley said, he has helped older children put together a dinner menu for their younger siblings with the few dollars they have. “I am more of an outreach manager,” he said.

More signs the social net is failing...... Like when old and homeless people basically live in McDonalds and the security there basically acts like a social worker.......

This is what the Republicans want for most people.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
That thing about camo there is pretty interesting. I went to a high school graduation ceremony in a town like this. The town honestly just got its first dunkin donuts last week, no fukking lie. These towns are littered across Indiana. I'm in a suburbia portion of Indiana. Anyways, this will stick with me forever and it speaks to a lot of things. They had students stand a total of four times, for various things. For the students that were on the honor roll, to stand. They got light applause. For those that got an educational diploma, to stand. They got light applause. For those that got a technical diploma to stand as well, light applause as well. Last, they said that those that are going to go to any branch of the armed forces to stand. The section I was in and all other parts of the bleachers turned into this

untitled-1foshn.gif

I ain't never seen no shyt like that in my life, it sounded like a fukking stampede of wild animals like the shyt running in Jumanji. It's surreal to even think about. Here is a town 30 minutes from me and we look at this thing called life totally different.