How exactly did la/chicago gangs spread throughout the country?

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Families getting priced out of LA.

now they banging in San Bernardino County, Nevada, Arizona, etc.

same thing with cholos getting priced out of Highland Park when cac yuppies gentrified it. Now they nibbling on East L.A. and Boyle Heights but they also coming for my town (Altadena) and now i got Mexican next-door neighbors. great

Last edited:

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
In Detroit the counts and cobras migrated around 89 from Chicago. Then you had local guys set up gangs like cash flows , young gunz, d-kings, X-Men...etc etc...i think most of the founders of the counts are dead and Scarface is locked up

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
rap music hands down is the reason why it spread
No it isn't... There weren't really any mainstream songs that featured those specific gangs around the time those gangs spread to other areas.
That, and movies like Menace 2 Society, Boys in da Hood, and COLORS. Those films back in the early 90s wanted a lot of East Coast brehs admiring negativity like never before.
We got "Crips and bloods" in Canada lol.

One of my high school teacher, said the Crips came here after some guys seen a Snoop Dogg music video in the early 90s lol

What's funny too is, the closest blood set is a 30 minute drive away lol.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I can't agree with the whole "it was rap music" thing because Crips and Bloods were in Kansas City, Missouri in the mid 80's. 38th and Linwood (the area of my middle school, Central) was a Crip neighborhood. This was well before gangsta rap really took off.

Out of state family members moved here, put their local family on, and the rest is history. Later, rap music obviously played a role but first hand I can't say it did.

Fred.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
I can't agree with the whole "it was rap music" thing because Crips and Bloods were in Kansas City, Missouri in the mid 80's. 38th and Linwood (the area of my middle school, Central) was a Crip neighborhood. This was well before gangsta rap really took off.

Out of state family members moved here, put their local family on, and the rest is history. Later, rap music obviously played a role but first hand I can't say it did.

Fred.
Thecoli will blame rap music for everything because it's the easy answer and doesn't really require effort to actually come up with solutions.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Peopleā€¦ā€¦.moved. Thatā€™s what made it spread.

Yall gotta stop being parrots. It wasnā€™t rap.

rap played a huge role in why people started to claim LA gangs. yeah you have some that have legit ties to LA. but most people copying shyt