How hard is python?

Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Bushed
Daps
Can I pass this class in one week if I do this all day?

How hard is it?

Someone drop some tips.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
You will not learn any language in a week. Or a month. If you're really good, maybe, MAYBE, a year. And you'll still be at the basics.

Quite frankly, unless you understand OOP/OOD and/or FP concepts, you will mull through any language you try to learn.

You gotta worry about syntax, language quirks, and idiomatic programming in that language.

Walking a mile isn't hard. If it's just putting foot in front of the other. But it still takes a long time.

Unfiltered

Bushed
Daps
You will not learn any language in a week. Or a month. If you're really good, maybe, MAYBE, a year. And you'll still be at the basics.

Quite frankly, unless you understand OOP/OOD and/or FP concepts, you will mull through any language you try to learn.

You gotta worry about syntax, language quirks, and idiomatic programming in that language.

Walking a mile isn't hard. If it's just putting foot in front of the other. But it still takes a long time.
Learn fast enough to pass a class? I got to WGU so it's C859...

So it's no way near the full program but the basics to give students a idea of how to do it.

Anyways thanks, appreciate the respond.. I found a 4 hour learning video by freecodecamp.

Will watch later.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is interesting considering a friend of mine did a bootcamp for 3 months and is now making good cash as a software engineer

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
This is interesting considering a friend of mine did a bootcamp for 3 months and is now making good cash as a software engineer

We've hired people who've done bootcamps and they've struggled to keep up. A lot don't even make past the interview process. There's always exceptions to the rule, but most people get good when they've been working in a language for a year.

Unfiltered

Bushed
Daps
Some people just blessed by GOD, they catch on really quick.

Unfortunately that's not me.

Grinding youtube and this book.

@Secure Da Bag can I shoot you a PM once in a while if I have a question on python?:ehh:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Getting stuck figuring out a module is common w/ Python. With Linux, I would use the 'man' command to get a better understanding but I couldn't find the equivalent in Python

...Until now.

pydoc is basically 'man' for Python but w/ more functionality (such as the ability to launch the manual in your browser). Great way to streamline documentation reading. Learned it from this video:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We've hired people who've done bootcamps and they've struggled to keep up. A lot don't even make past the interview process. There's always exceptions to the rule, but most people get good when they've been working in a language for a year.

I need it more so for data analysis rather than development of getting a job in software engineering.

ecnirp1

mr. open source
Supporter
Daps
I don't see a mention as to whether or not you have previous coding experience. If you do, then it's very feasible to pass an intro to python class with one week's worth of dedication to it.

Even if you don't have experience with another language, you could probably find the OA questions and prep for them beforehand if you google hard enough. Hacking online classes for a passing grade is relatively simple.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Python is easy to learn( I use it at work to deal with excel files ). But even though the syntax is easy, you still have to deal with the logic of programming.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Easier than a lot of languages.

What class are you trying to pass?

Unfiltered

Bushed
Daps
C859

Given sphere_radius and pi, compute the volume of a sphere and assign sphere_volume with the volume. Volume of sphere = (1.0 / 2.0) π r3

pi = 5.14589
sphere_volume = 0.0

sphere_raduis = float(input())

I have no idea how to do the calculations, I got the print, float, int commands but I'm lost.

I'm having regrets about going back to school, I should have just moved away or something and gotten a job and called it a day. Too stressed for this shyt.

I'm 3 weeks in and I'm completely lost, I don't understand the calculations at all.