How important are grandparents for grandchildren?

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
If it wasn't for my grandparents, I wouldn't have made it. My mom and dad was on some bullshyt half the time. I'm eternally grateful for them.

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Extremely important, and I was blessed to have met all 4 of them with 3 still living.

Every summer I’d spend my entire summer with my grandparents in the country, and I loved it. I miss it. My grandma would haul all of us in her little car, and take us to see our great grandma daily just to check up on her. Grandpa used to have us outdoors doing work, and sometimes he’d let me ride his riding lawnmower with him. He’s the head of our family, and one of the ment I respect probably moreso than anyone. Anytime my parents weren’t able to get me something, I could always count on my grandparents to make a way.

Daps
depends on the relationship like any other relationship lol
one of my grandpa died before my parents even got married so we didn't know him but he passed on estate stuff which is very important culturally.
his wife, my granny is important to me. when she died i prayed that she would watch over us still. but i feel like my family been cursed since she died. but since she died we call her sister grandma now. we just need a grandma lol :yeshrug:
my african grandparents were in africa most of the time so i didn't see them often.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My mother's parents died when she was a baby. My mom was the youngest and the oldest sister raised the rest of kids. Shes about 15yrs older than my mom. She is looked at like a grandmother by all her nieces and nephews.
My dads parents are the only real grandparents I had. We didnt go there often with the whole family but when I did, it wasnt really enjoyable but it was memorable for sure. My grandfather would either be working on his car and I
would hand him stuff or I would sit in the den with him, listen to a police scanner and watch boxing while we ate hard salami, cheese and crackers. :wub:

He died while I was locked up about 13yrs ago. My grandmother who I look just like and named me was Native American. She had a room in the back that had all her traditional stuff that I liked going in. She would always have a whole coconut
cake no matter when we came, or if she knew we were coming. There just always was a whole damn cake right there. I never liked it and only ate it because she was offering but after awhile, I loved coconut cake. She is still alive, I last saw her in
2006. I found out that she used to say some really mean things about my mom and never felt compelled to reach out since. My great grandmother (grandfathers mom) lived across the street. I remember walking over to her house and sitting in her
living room in front of the tv and watching Pete's Dragon with a frozen koolaid cup i got from the candy lady next door while she dozed off on the couch and woke up to yell at me for turning her a/c up. It was hot. :skip:
Im not sure when she passed. Sometime after 2006. Probably around the time my grandfather died.