How many of yall legit remember watching VHS tapes?

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
I remember popping in a movie to watch and having to rewind it all the way from the beginning to watch it. It doesn't feel like that long ago....but it was.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I use to record so much stuff with vhs tapes. I even use to use betamax players too, had a whole bunch of kung fu and three stoogies episodes recorded for my betamax player.

tater

Superstar
Daps
On the real tho the 50 yr olds are the worst. Because you can be legit mad at them. Like damn, how many times I showed yo ass to reset the converter box. Quit calling me cause your favorite show didn't record. you at least expect them to be able to get on board, at 65+ you can at least understand how that shyt could be frustrating.

My grandma is 65+ with an ebay store. I bought her a new laptop and router and she's hit the ground running lol. She's so cute :smile:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
We had the illegal box so plenty of ppv movies got recorded. Used to watch all the wwf events. Even had the 94 royal rumble on tape. Had quite the collection of movies and those old school Disney ones with the special plastic packaging.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
i used to rip every rental tape from one machine to another. had over 100 movies on blank tapes. :wow:

i remember getting rid of all those tapes when dvd came out, started a whole dvd collection. :wow:

now i just did all the AV work in my new house and i don't have a single anything player, everything is streamable now :mjcry: times changed, i got old

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
i used to rip every rental tape from one machine to another. had over 100 movies on blank tapes. :wow:

i remember getting rid of all those tapes when dvd came out, started a whole dvd collection. :wow:

now i just did all the AV work in my new house and i don't have a single anything player, everything is streamable now :mjcry: times changed, i got old

My pops put me onto the bootlegging game during this time :wow:

Would rent new movies and record them onto blank tapes or reused old tapes by duct taping over the popped out tabs :wow:

set the speed to 6 hrs, so i could get like 3-4 movies to a tape :wow:

Family would come over and id open my stash of tapes like i was blockbuster :wow:

Had hours and hours of MTV, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Oakland Raider games recorded :wow:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
My pops put me onto the bootlegging game during this time :wow:

Would rent new movies and record them onto blank tapes or reused old tapes by duct taping over the popped out tabs :wow:

set the speed to 6 hrs, so i could get like 3-4 movies to a tape :wow:

Family would come over and id open my stash of tapes like i was blockbuster :wow:

Had hours and hours of MTV, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Oakland Raider games recorded :wow:

you recounting like '88 - '96 for me like :wow:

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
you recounting like '88 - '96 for me like :wow:

Kids after our generation won't even understand the joy you would get from finding something amazing randomly on tv, recording it and watching it over again in amazement

:wow:

or spending a saturday watching old tapes you recorded, netflix marathons before they existed, no commercials if you had the dedication