How much does self-perception/esteem affect how (un)attractive you think you are?

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Excluding any attention or lack thereof from the opposite sex.

Daps
Reppin
Seven One Eight
inner self-image and outer self-image always seemed to me like two completely disconnected concepts that dont really affect each other much.

i spent enough my my teens navelgazing and being so caught in the meta, that my knowledge of self at this point is unshakable but how i feel about my looks can oscillate pretty wildly from one day to the next (like alot young men, i suspect).

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
A lot. When I was younger i saw myself as a great person. Great friend. Great boyfriend and my self esteem was high. I had happy and healthy relationships.

Started hanging with shytty people in my 20s, had few friends who were always shading me about how this that and third about my appearance. Eventually they became my insecurities without realizing and my relationships with women became unstable. I wouldnt try to speak with women until i was perfect.

Cut them losers off. Now life is great, i work on myself awareness daily. fukk being around people who dont view you for your good heart.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot. When I was younger i saw myself as a great person. Great friend. Great boyfriend and my self esteem was high. I had happy and healthy relationships.

Started hanging with shytty people in my 20s, had few friends who were always shading me about how this that and third about my appearance. Eventually they became my insecurities without realizing and my relationships with women became unstable. I wouldnt try to speak with women until i was perfect.

Cut them losers off. Now life is great, i work on myself awareness daily. fukk being around people who dont view you for your good heart.
People project their insecurities on others

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
A lot

Ugly dudes/chicks can think they look good because they have high self esteem or are just arrogant. Basic average looking with people with low self esteem call themselves ugly because all they do is talk down on themselves and beg for sympathy from other people. They're even attractive women/men that downgrade their own looks because of self esteem issues

Your own opinion of how you look doesn't change other people perception of how you look though. A person that looks good is going to get attention from the opposite sex regardless of what they think of themselves though.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Does how you think you look affect how you really look?

If you have low self-esteem or think you are ugly does that make you uglier?
Thank u kindly 4 clarifying.

To answer the question, how i think i look does affect how i look. I have low self-esteem from years of being called ugly n it has made me uglier because i dont dress or carry myself as though im attractive. And when ppl do call me cute or good looking im skeptical.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who was that coli breh who called himself a dime?? :deadmanny:

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Thank u kindly 4 clarifying.

To answer the question, how i think i look does affect how i look. I have low self-esteem from years of being called ugly n it has made me uglier because i dont dress or carry myself as though im attractive. And when ppl do call me cute or good looking im skeptical.

You need to stop that shyt. :ufdup:
People aren't saying that for no reason.
Keep your head high and embrace yourself. Pick a spirit animal to invoke when you are feeling 'ugly'. Be confident and love life while your here
Your cute, believe it.
and i can tell by your neck you have a fatty. I'd beat:yeshrug:

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Keep your head high and embrace yourself. Pick a spirit animal to invoke when you are feeling 'ugly'. Be confident and love life while your here
Your cute, believe it.
Thank u kindly

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
Your cute, believe it.
:dahell: