How rappers died

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
BIG L AND WOODLEY

BETRAYL.jpg

It's from The Big Picture bootleg, but in better quality ofcourse. It also got the "Supposed" killer of Big L, Gerard Woodley in the picture.

From Left to right:
Big L, Kareem (Doc), Reggie White, who used to be a boxer, childhood friend of Big L, Gerard Woodley to the far right.

The photo was taken on 139th n 7th ave, it was taken during the Annual african day parade in Harlem. The photo was taken in late 96 or very early 97.

:rip: to Big L ...one of the greatest...the streets will put you under...brothers stay out of the streets

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is the thread to air our how rappers got killed for the sake of wanting to know everything about this rap shyt. Biggie and Pac is common knowledge but it's not like that for most rappers.

Someone tell me the details about how Big L got killed. I never heard anything about it.

And what really went down with Proof? There was so much fukkery when it happened it was like a conspiracy to hide the truth.

Big L was shot over his brothers beef with someone. His bro was locked up so some coward decided to shoot L instead... when his Bro got out he also got killed trying to avenge L's killing not long after.

Proof was acting like a reckless clown when he got killed. It was hush because he was in the wrong, he wasn't a victim.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I heard Pac's finger was shot off in the fatal shooting, is that true?

that shyt musta been cray, u sitting there looking at ur hand and ur missing a finger, plus u got bullet holes in ur chest while Suge is driving thru red lights to a hospital

I could only imagine what was going through Pacs mind at that moment, like....I'm sure he knew it was probably the end....all the music, movies and millions and My life ends like this?

:to:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BIG L AND WOODLEY

BETRAYL.jpg

It's from The Big Picture bootleg, but in better quality ofcourse. It also got the "Supposed" killer of Big L, Gerard Woodley in the picture.

From Left to right:
Big L, Kareem (Doc), Reggie White, who used to be a boxer, childhood friend of Big L, Gerard Woodley to the far right.

The photo was taken on 139th n 7th ave, it was taken during the Annual african day parade in Harlem. The photo was taken in late 96 or very early 97.

Coleman was killed in the doorway of 45 West 139th Street in Harlem on February 15, 1999 after being shot nine times in the face and chest.[34][35][36] Gerard Woodley, one of Coleman's childhood friends, was arrested in May for the crime.[37] At the time of his death, Coleman had two brothers in prison. "It's a good possibility it was retaliation for something [Big L's] brother did, or [Woodley] believed he had done," said a spokesperson for the NYPD.[38] Woodley was later released, and the murder case remains unsolved.[39]

so that nikka free and alive as of 2012? :what:

Daps
BIG L AND WOODLEY

BETRAYL.jpg

From Left to right:

R.I.P. I used to try and find every Big L song ever recorded when I was put on to him in highschool...

:rip:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
I don't care if they're white but something stood out about those post. Guess you solved it :whoo:

Yeah lets ignore the others

Its not about that. Its about how dismissive they are being about it...yeah they got shot but how many of them perpetrated the shooting. Big L was a victim. BIG and Pac were victims...

put it like this...of the rappers that got murdered...how many of them had bodies...I would say 90%+ of them didn't have no bodies...so what point were the crackers tryna make?

Its just the white way of being disrespectful to anything that isn't white. They need to go find a dark corner and Kurt Cobain them selves...

:beli:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
"Big L was murdered at 8:30pm on the evening of Monday, February 15th 1999 in front of 45 West 139th Street Harlem, New York. He lived just houses away at 104 West 139th Street. The shooter was one whom Lamont Coleman had known since he was a child. Nine bullets to the head and chest ended the life of a man whose lifetime work was days away from being rewarded. Gerard Woodley of Brooklyn, a man who once sat beside brothers Lamont, Leroy, and Donald to eat, a man openly invited into Terry’s household, shot L several times in the chest to make certain his death, then, to ensure that there would be no open casket funeral, shot him in the face. The ruthless and violent nature of this crime is even surprising to a city where murder is a common occurrence. This callous crime was committed against a childhood friend. Woodley, who was 29 at the time of the shooting had already been arrested earlier that year with Donald Phinazee, and faced federal drug charges for trafficking cocaine. Woodley was held without bail for the murder of Lamont Coleman, but according to Dan M. Rather, assistant district attorney, he could not be charged because there was insufficient evidence, however, the investigation does remain open. Gerard Woodley is not where he belongs, he is currently free, and he probably will remain that way. He served a brief sentence around the time of L’s murder for an unrelated charge of one count of distribution and possession with intent to distribute cocaine base.

Lamont’s lifeless body was found outside the Delano Housing project, which was only a block from the very park were he got the gift of gab. Ironically enough, the place where he learned to rhyme, and the common things he spoke of, was what consumed him. At L’s funeral at the George Washington Bridge dozens of hip-hop’s finest attended, members of DITC, and other stars such as Cam’ron and Ma$e were eager to pay respects to their long time friend. The calls would come in that night, offering condolence, from across the world. It appears that Big L was more than just Harlem’s Finest.

The facts are undisputed, however, the explanation is indefinite. What was the reason for the death of Lamont Coleman? The answer is simple: no one willing to tell knows. The theories of his death go from glamourous gangland warfare to a random mistaken identity. One story, as told by an ancient Source Magazine, involved Big L himself as a key figure in an infamous Harlem murder. It would be a case of conflict within the NFL (nikkas For Life) crew, of which all people in this story were members. In this theory Gerard Woodley’s good friend, simply known as “Reggie” was gunned down under the instruction of Big Lee aka Leroy Phinazee, one of L’s two brothers. The night Reggie was gunned down, L supposedly placed a large gold chain around Reggie’s neck, as he continued to say, “You look ill in that”. The shooter was instructed to blast the guy wearing the gold chain. The crime unfolded as planned and eventually word came to Woodley that Lee was the mastermind. As a result Woodley made a plan to kill Lee, however, since Lee was in jail at the time, he was untouchable. In Gerard’s mind he planned to do the next best thing, murder L himself. Note that this is a theory, and the truth behind it is uncertain; also note that L never had a criminal record.

Other stories of L's death involve unknown beefs between Woodley and Lee, unrelated to Big L. These stories involve, drugs, money, and robbery. Keep in mind that Woodley, Lee and L were all in the NFL crew, and had all been seemingly good friends. The original theory was that Big L’s murder was a mistaken identity, this because L had no known enemies. The mistaken identity theory can be dismissed because the identified shooter was in the same street crew as L. As you know no one has ever been charged L’s slaying (Woodley was released because the state felt there was not sufficient evidence), therefore, no one has legally been held accountable, like the killers of other fallen emcees such as Biggie and Pac, L’s killer is still at large

@ the bolded, Hypothetically if that's how it really went down then Big L basically :ufdup:

I love his music and all but I can"t get mad at duke who shot him if that was indeed the case, he did what he had to do

:manny:

hopefully it wasn't tho, the wild thing about the black community is that we thrive off gossip, he say/she say bullshyt and usually treat things as gospel even though theres no evidence for it, (its the main reason why black folks are so religious) So that whole "u look ill with that" shyt probably never even happened and L probably got caught up over nothing. Son was most likely just a casualty of being social/known by a bunch of dumb irrational nikkas

:yeshrug:

Either way, its fukked up when nikkas is killing dudes in THEIR OWN DAMN CREW....damn when the fuk is that Big L documentary dropping, hopefully it doesn't gloss over that shyt and goes into detail

• Dap
Reactions: dre