How tf after almost SEVEN years the Switch is still outselling the 3 year Xbox series X?*Katt Williams voice*

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm confused because I'm seeing responses that doesn't address the question.

In terms of the year so far, Xbox should've sold more consoles than it has.

Four big first party exclusives were released as opposed to Sony's one (I'm excluding 3rd party and VR titles).

Hifi Rush was lauded but didn't move the needle. Redfall was universally panned. GOTG™ didn't sell any consoles despite having a ton of "engagement". And Forza Motorsport it's doing ok.

Plus they finally got ABK. Now with all of that, Xbox is selling less than the Switch which is on its way out.
The question was already answered. Xbox and Sony have about a 190 million cap on potential customers as the last 3 console generations have demonstrated. Xbox therefore can't really sell many more consoles without taking share away from PlayStation.

Nintendo doesn't have those limits. Their product will sell to anyone regardless of what they own or don't own. The Switch has an outside chance of becoming the best selling Nintendo system ever. It has an outside chance of catching the PlayStation 2 even. The PS2 did those numbers in like 11-12 years. The Switch will probably do them in like 9.