How the **** did Kubrick film 2001? *cinematography piff inside*

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I just saw Jurassic Park in 3D imax and the CGI looked dated. This movie has no visual flaws...absolutely incredible.

"Jurassic Park" took computer cgi to another level. The fact that the movie made 20 million 20 years after it's release when everyone has it on Home Video is a testament to how classic it is. As for the effects being dated, I don't know if I agree. I have it on VHS and DVD and those Dinosuars still look real as hell to me. Effects have gotten better CGI wise but this was like the mother of all CGI films when it dropped. After what T2 did with the T-1000, Jurassic Park took it to the next level. I didn't watch it in 3D cause honestly it felt like a cash grab but anyone who was too young to see Jurassic Park on the Big Screen back in 93/94 then I would recommend going to see the 3D cause that movie is a life changing experience on the Big Screen. So though 2001 is Legendary in it's own right. You can't take nothing away from Jurassic Park cause that changed the game for effects and sci-fi also.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
"Jurassic Park" took computer cgi to another level. The fact that the movie made 20 million 20 years after it's release when everyone has it on Home Video is a testament to how classic it is. As for the effects being dated, I don't know if I agree. I have it on VHS and DVD and those Dinosuars still look real as hell to me. Effects have gotten better CGI wise but this was like the mother of all CGI films when it dropped. After what T2 did with the T-1000, Jurassic Park took it to the next level. I didn't watch it in 3D cause honestly it felt like a cash grab but anyone who was too young to see Jurassic Park on the Big Screen back in 93/94 then I would recommend going to see the 3D cause that movie is a life changing experience on the Big Screen. So though 2001 is Legendary in it's own right. You can't take nothing away from Jurassic Park cause that changed the game for effects and sci-fi also.
Oh yeah, Jurassic Park is amazing, one of my favorite movies. the 3D actually added a lot to the film and the post-conversion 3d technology has vastly improved from titanic and episode 1 in 3D. You could tell the CGI in a couple scenes looked dated (and I'm REALLY nitpicking here) but the animatronics and shyt was still incredible.

To me, Terminator 2 is another one of those movies that still looks like it could've been made today. I don't see any visual flaws at all.

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
Kubrick was a great photographer before he became a filmmaker which is why he had such a visual eye. Plus, he was a perfectionist for better or for worse. If you like his films, check out Andrei Tarkovsky's films as well.

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
Paths of Glory might be Kubrick's best film(that or Dr. Strangelove). The visuals are great, but not on the level of his later works, however the story is deeper than his later ones and the tone isn't as cold and antiseptic.