How the hell did Siskel and Ebert get so popular? They're terrible reviewers

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I've just been on youtube watching old siskel and ebert reviews, even the most classic movies they complain about stupid shyt it reminds me of thecoli

siskel thought the future shots took place on a different planet :wtf:

he wants a movie called the terminator to be a love story :wtf:

jurassic park has no sense of awe according to ebert and that turning dinosaurs into monsters is insulting to the audiences intelligence :wtf:

these dudes are horrible :camby:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Because they talked about movies on a level people didn't feel talked down to and their rating system was very simple: thumbs up, thumbs down. Critics can be wrong breh, it's not like jurassic park or terminator both got rave reviews across the board when they came out. We have the benefit of hindsight and history. They didn't

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Because they talked about movies on a level people didn't feel talked down to and their rating system was very simple: thumbs up, thumbs down. Critics can be wrong breh, it's not like jurassic park or terminator both got rave reviews across the board when they came out. We have the benefit of hindsight and history. They didn't
breh siskel didn't even realize that the future shots in the terminator took place on earth and not some other planet. Did he even watch the movie? :wtf:

I think their true success came in the thumbs down and up bullshyt.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
breh siskel didn't even realize that the future shots in the terminator took place on earth and not some other planet. Did he even watch the movie? :wtf:

I think their true success came in the thumbs down and up bullshyt.

Lol yes you're right breh. They made it simple, they crossed over. It doesn't mean everyone thought they were right and clearly they weren't some arbiter of success for a movie. Like if they gave you a bad review it didn't sink your flick BUT, in the case of something like halloween, a good review could do wonders for a movie

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm too lazy to look one up but I'm sure in the past years you've had a ridiculously mind boggling and possibly utterly moronic and uneducated opinion on a movie, because everyone has those from time to time. Some more than others to be frank (*cough*) and some clearly less (*ahem*).

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I still don't know why cats get so bent outta shape about the next mans opinion though lol...both of these dudes are dead. let them cook in the afterlife

shyt man, in his final years when Ebert was clearly :flabbynsick: and couldn't even follow the most basic plot lines anymore he was still a better reviewer than most.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Siskel liked highbrow shyt, Ebert liked lower brow shyt - his main criteria if o remember was did a movie succeed in doing what it set out to do, regardless of budget.

They had a hardcore rivalry in Chiraq, while working for different papers, if I remember, so seeing them together on the old local show was cool. If they agreed on a movie, it was dope.