How The Marketing for Terminator 2 Ruined An ALL-TIME GREAT Reveal...

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Trailers and Behind the Scenes special ruin movies by revealing too much, imo, which is why I avoid them for movies I'm really looking forward to see.
I actually remember this back in the day and seeing it on HBO Behind The Scenes (or maybe it was Showtime). It was like a 15-20 minute special and they were showing the whole damn movie with the plot, effects just shyt you not suppose to see before the movie drops. And then they started showing clips of those scenes on TV trailers but way more than normal. I was still blown away going to see it but I would've enjoyed it much more if I didnt recognize half the scenes beforehand or knowing how they were gonna end (especially the first chase scene when the T-1000 crashed the big rig and walked out of the fire)
The Criteron director's cut is amazing though and fleshes the movie and characters out more with the additional scenes.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:snoop: Terminator has multiple action scenes throughout the film, multiple gun battles and high octane car chases. It's a Sci-Fi action film with an action hero in Michael Biehn's character :snoop:. The second movie is the same but swaps out Biehn with Schwarzenegger.
No it wasn't. Like @Master Teacher said that was a straight up horror movie with a few action scenes mixed in. He was slaughtering people all night who he thought was Sarah Conner like a serial killer just cold blooded. That whole eye scene in the bathroom was fukked up too. shyt still kind of makes me squirm. People were straight shook when that movie came out. The whole vibe of that movie is pure 80s horror. He stalked her all night and just wouldn't stop even after being blown up.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No it wasn't. Like @Master Teacher said that was a straight up horror movie with a few action scenes mixed in. He was slaughtering people all night who he thought was Sarah Conner like a serial killer just cold blooded. That whole eye scene in the bathroom was fukked up too. shyt still kind of makes me squirm. People were straight shook when that movie came out. The whole vibe of that movie is pure 80s horror. He stalked her all night and just wouldn't stop even after being blown up.

Would all of this back and forth end if we could find a quote from Cameron saying he was inspired by Halloween when he made terminator?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
"My contemporaries were all doing slasher-horror movies," Cameron once said. "John Carpenter was the guy I idolised the most. He made Halloween for $30,000 or something. That was everyone's break-in dream, to do a stylish horror movie. It was a very slasher film type image. And it really was the launching pad for the story."

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...-terminator-is-a-horror-classic#ixzz38LpKvRJy

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
"My contemporaries were all doing slasher-horror movies," Cameron once said. "John Carpenter was the guy I idolised the most. He made Halloween for $30,000 or something. That was everyone's break-in dream, to do a stylish horror movie. It was a very slasher film type image. And it really was the launching pad for the story."

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...-terminator-is-a-horror-classic#ixzz38LpKvRJy

Was going to do it myself but glad you did it breh

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
i never saw the first terminator until years after seeing the 2nd one. So it really didn't impact me the way if i guess it would if i saw the first one :manny:
but i'm sure the writers mustve been looking like :wtf: when they saw the trailer spoiled their big twist :heh:

this.....
i was youngin real talk i didnt even know there was a t1 til i got older or predator 1 i seen predator 2 first i didnt know what a sequel was :laff:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
i watched t1 was last night it did feel like a horror movie reminded me of those scary movies back in the 80s

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
And i'm with @Master Teacher on this one. Terminator 1 is an unconventional horror movie. You can literally replace Arnold with Michael Meyers and call the movie 'Halloween In Time" and take away 1-2 scifi elements and visually and feelwise the movie works. They did it so well it transcended the genre though and became its own beast, like Alien.

They second one is pure action. T-1000 stalking John Connor is in this case a plot device to bridge action scenes.

i know you a sneakerhead did you peep the forces kylre reese character was wearing in t1 :krs: