How these penny-pinchers retired in their 30s

Him Duncan

Hugh G Reckshon
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
You can save 50-75% of your income when you have $100-200k+ jobs right out of college, no loans because your parents paid for school, and low mortgage because the down payment for your house your grandparents gifted you. Man, there’s a message board I post on with mainly tech people and a lot of engineers who do this come from money and the above circumstances. Takes more than just being frugal, the video didn’t dive into their incomes nor privilege upon their start to adulthood

And I don’t know, retiring in my 30’s would be kinda pointless, I can see by your mid to late 40’s being a good spot, but no one is gonna sit idle for all those years, so if you’re not someone with a passion/hobby or desire to have your own “business”, might as well work. Maybe opt for a low stress job - go be a government worker :russ: - but no point of not collecting an income just because.

And I wonder how much he makes off his blog selling this dream to the average American.

Damn... U seem upset about this

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
No, I’m not. But I’ve seen plenty of these throughout my life and they always ignore the two biggest factors that allow folks to do this - income level and where they started in life.

This is true, but for everyone that got a head start in life and "retired" early, there's another that took that head start and squandered it.

Living as frugal as they do is still tough for a lot of people regardless of where they start in life. For the average American, early retirement might be 50's, for the well heeled, 30's. I think it's more so the principle of how to get there.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
You can save 50-75% of your income when you have $100-200k+ jobs right out of college, no loans because your parents paid for school, and low mortgage because the down payment for your house your grandparents gifted you. Man, there’s a message board I post on with mainly tech people and a lot of engineers who do this come from money and the above circumstances. Takes more than just being frugal, the video didn’t dive into their incomes nor privilege upon their start to adulthood

And I don’t know, retiring in my 30’s would be kinda pointless, I can see by your mid to late 40’s being a good spot, but no one is gonna sit idle for all those years, so if you’re not someone with a passion/hobby or desire to have your own “business”, might as well work. Maybe opt for a low stress job - go be a government worker :russ: - but no point of not collecting an income just because.

And I wonder how much he makes off his blog selling this dream to the average American.
this is the biggest problem. most rich americans never talk about the head start they got