How to navigate staying at a job only 6 months?

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
MSP life is not for me
I want out
I'm getting more certs and then applying

In the past, I've lied about jobs and said I've worked there longer

Has anyone done the same?
Suggestions on a better way to do it?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
MSP life is not for me
I want out
I'm getting more certs and then applying

In the past, I've lied about jobs and said I've worked there longer

Has anyone done the same?
Suggestions on a better way to do it?

I've lied too.

If you were only there 6 months you can easily explain a gap in employment as "family was sick" or something and leave off the current job all together.

If you want credit for the things you did just add those duties to the previous job

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I make 50k at my MSP job, getting my CCNA in a few months and then getting my AZ104.

Been here 7 months and I want to go for more money plus be non client facing

I've been exposed to a lot( Barracuda, Azure, Office 364 Admin) but I think I'll have to thug it out and at least get promoted to tech

I know a lot of ppl in my family that make more than me.,I came up good and fukked it up by being aimless in school

Visited my cousin recently in Cali and saw how he was living and that made me want to grind

It just kind of frustrates me that I'll have to grind it out. Might have to be here 2 years at a minimum

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've quit several jobs in less than 6 months. Usually I just leave short stints off my resume completely. None of these companies even bother to check the number of employers on my background check.

The only time my job hopping gets mentioned is by a hater during my interview. Who's jealous of all the different job titles and certifications I got. But since I usually crush the technical portion of the interviews they have to fall back.

For the record I've had 6 jobs in the last 4 years. But I work in cybersecurity where companies are extremely desperate usually.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
I've quit several jobs in less than 6 months. Usually I just leave short stints off my resume completely. None of these companies even bother to check the number of employers on my background check.

The only time my job hopping gets mentioned is by a hater during my interview. Who's jealous of all the different job titles and certifications I got. But since I usually crush the technical portion of the interviews they have to fall back.

For the record I've had 6 jobs in the last 4 years. But I work in cybersecurity where companies are extremely desperate usually.
I may need to make that transition.