How to take advantage of the Metaverse?

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So, I watched Zuckerberg's Meta announcement in its entirety yesterday. I previously didn't know about the Metaverse, but I always knew something like that was coming down the pike. Now that Meta and other tech companies are officially throwing resources into this, how can a currently middle-income breh take advantage of this new technological frontier?

Stocks/cryptos?
Entertainment? (I make music)
Repair & Troubleshooting?
Coding/Development? (My brain has a hard time with shyt like this)

What are some other come-up ideas related to the Metaverse?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
The first thing I can think of is creating some sort of digital asset that will be usable within the Metaspace. Something like a digital currency that will gain traction. FB will likely push its own coin (Diem) within the space but I'm sure if the platform is open source, then people can create and load their own digital currencies to use in niche situations.

The second thing would be is creating productivity apps that can also be used within the space. There's a lot more that I have to read upon but thanks for making this thread OP. This is definitely going to be a frontier with a lot of opportunities.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This is definitely going to be a frontier with a lot of opportunities.
Yeah. Microsoft is getting in on it, and obviously Facebook is all in on it, so I don't think it's going to fizzle. Gotta keep an ear to the ground for emerging tech. Write down ideas and try to act on them.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
IT KINDA DEPENDS ON HOW OPEN THE DEVELOPMENT WILL BE ON THIS.
Expect it to be locked down hard initially, then opened up through APIs gradually. But they'll want to buy up companies with technology that lends to it so that they don't have to do that work themselves. Multi billion dollar acquisitions are going to be in store.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Expect it to be locked down hard initially, then opened up through APIs gradually. But they'll want to buy up companies with technology that lends to it so that they don't have to do that work themselves. Multi billion dollar acquisitions are going to be in store.

I'M PICKING UP WHAT YOUR PUTTING DOWN. GO THE ROUTE OF DEVELOPING THE TECH AND PREPARE TO BE BOUGHT OUT.