How we feeling about the 2023 Prius

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
I mean...if I'm gonna be honest, I think I'd probably take the Grand Highlander with the Hybrid/Hybrid Max powertrain over the Prius tbh. Space + efficiency. Still don't like that they got rid of the V6 though.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

The report, which comes from Japan’s Best Car, claims the model will be known as Prius GRMN, and that it will be based on the plug-in Prius Prime. That being said, the report mentions that tuning potential of the car’s 2.0L inline-four has yet to be fully determined, so there is a possibility Toyota could use a different plug-in hybrid powertrain. In that case, the RAV4 Prime’s 2.5L hybrid four-cylinder with its three electric motors would be a strong contender, as not only is it still a plug-in hybrid, but it also makes a healthy 302 hp (306 PS / 225 kW), which would afford the hypothetical hotter Prius with GR Corolla-rivaling power and AWD.

In addition to the power bump, Best Car also reports that the Prius will also receive added chassis rigidity and strengthened suspension components to liven up the handling. On top of that, it will supposedly get exclusive interior appointments to further differentiate it from its non-GR brethren. While not mentioned in the report, one thing we can be fairly certain the car won’t receive compared to the other GR cars is a manual transmission. Nevertheless, this Prius GRMN, if it does actually end up coming to fruition, will likely be launched sometime between Q3 2023 and Q2 2024, meaning we’ll likely get confirmation of its existence sooner rather than later.