How y’all brehs/brehettes fry chicken?

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
The best way but takes the longest:

1. Coat chicken in mustard and let sit in the fridge overnight. Divide each piece of chicken with a paper towel

2. Set aside 3 bowls
- Bowl 1: Buttermilk

- Bowl 2: 3 cracked eggs

- Bowl 3: Bread crumbs, pinch of salt, pinch of black pepper, about a third of flour as compared to the amount of bread crumbs, paprika, sazon/maggi cube, Cajun or Italian seasoning. This is your breading.

3. Take each mustard marinated piece of chicken and dip them in the buttermilk in Bowl 1. Then coat the chicken in the egg mix in Bowl 2. The chicken should be completely covered in buttermilk and egg. Then coat the chicken in the breading mix in Bowl 3.

4. Fry each piece in a pot of vegetable oil until golden brown.

5. Thank me later.

QUICK WAY

1. Take chicken and coat in cracked egg mix.

2. Dice chicken in batter mix.

3. Fry and enjoy as well

These are my own recipes but they probably similar to most others.

:takedat:

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
The best way but takes the longest:

1. Coat chicken in mustard and let sit in the fridge overnight. Divide each piece of chicken with a paper towel

2. Set aside 3 bowls
- Bowl 1: Buttermilk

- Bowl 2: 3 cracked eggs

- Bowl 3: Bread crumbs, pinch of salt, pinch of black pepper, about a third of flour as compared to the amount of bread crumbs, paprika, sazon/maggi cube, Cajun or Italian seasoning. This is your breading.

3. Take each mustard marinated piece of chicken and dip them in the buttermilk in Bowl 1. Then coat the chicken in the egg mix in Bowl 2. The chicken should be completely covered in buttermilk and egg. Then coat the chicken in the breading mix in Bowl 3.

4. Fry each piece in a pot of vegetable oil until golden brown.

5. Thank me later.

QUICK WAY

1. Take chicken and coat in cracked egg mix.

2. Dice chicken in batter mix.

3. Fry and enjoy as well

These are my own recipes but they probably similar to most others.

:takedat:
Interesting. Will definitely try this one. How would you describe the flavor? I didnt know Italian seasonings went with fried chicken. Thanks breh :smile:

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Wet seasoned batter
dredge in unseasoned flour
Fry
What are seasonings?
Edit: ima try this method out as well. I never thought about seasoning wet batter. My parents usually seasoned it, and put in dry flour (I Love dry flour wings). I suppose your technique and @DOSDUMUNI will give that Popeyes/churches texture with homemade flair.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What are seasonings?
Sit chicken in buttermilk with hot sauce for a few hours
Mix flour, black pepper, paprika, cayenne, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning together in bowl after draining chicken. Add flour and club soda let sit. Then dredge in unseasoned flour after it sits for at least 30 mins. Fry

Probably gonna fry some chicken tom. Just bought some chic fil a sauce from the store I want to use.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Sit chicken in buttermilk with hot sauce for a few hours
Mix flour, black pepper, paprika, cayenne, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning together in bowl after draining chicken. Add flour and club soda let sit. Then dredge in unseasoned flour after it sits for at least 30 mins. Fry

Probably gonna fry some chicken tom. Just bought some chic fil a sauce from the store I want to use.
I can’t wait. I’m up early, bout to get wings (if I can find them) or the whole cut up and put these suggestions to use. My fried chicken be trash when I be doing it off the top :russ:. I’m more of a baker (bread).

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Interesting. Will definitely try this one. How would you describe the flavor? I didnt know Italian seasonings went with fried chicken. Thanks breh :smile:

No doubt breh
:jawalrus:

I normally use Cajun/Maggi cube over Italian/Sazon but it's all up to you and your preference

IMO

Cajun - just enough smokiness and good aftertaste for chicken

Italian - zesty but works great with the breading

Maggi Cube - keeps chicken from tasting bland. Adds juiciness and flavor to the meat

Sazon - very effective in a pinch. Just don't use too much. Strong salty taste.

Just be sure to be generous with the bread crumbs. The overall taste is comparable to KFC chicken, but crispier breading and a heartier spicing