HTC's New Flagship Phone Has AI and a Second Screen, But No Headphone Jack

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
HTC is getting 2017 off to a flying start with an unseasonably early announcement of its next flagship phone: the U Ultra. This 5.7-inch device inaugurates a new U series of smartphones and is joined by a smaller and lesser U Play, which scales things down to 5.2 inches and a humbler camera and processor spec. HTC is touting a new Sense Companion, which is its take on the growing trend for putting AI assistants into phones, plus the addition of a second screen at the top of the U Ultra. As with Apple's latest iPhones, Lenovo's Moto Z, and the HTC Bolt, neither of HTC's new handsets has a headphone jack. The other big change on the outside is the U Ultra's second screen, which is a thin 2-inch strip residing to the right of the front-facing camera and immediately above the Super LCD 5 screen.

upload_2017-1-12_16-13-52.png

HTC’s new flagship phone has AI and a second screen, but no headphone jack

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If it's as pathetically lacking in water resistance as the ten, then :camby:

I've already gone through two tens after barely getting each one wet. Total junk.

Still got another year till my next upgrade, hope this last one makes it:sadcam:

yeyeye

All Star
Daps
:manny: Headphone jack is not a deal breaker

people use Bluetooth speakers and headphones which start at $20 on the low end and have far better sound quality plus you dont have to deal with a long ass cord that gets kinked or cut
At the end of the day it really boils down to removing options for the customer. The trade off headphone jack for thiness is not worth imo.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Guess I'll be sticking with my chinese manufacturers who actually listen to customers.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lol @ trying to be trendy by following trends that people hate. HTC fell off and won't be a contender now that the mid-tier phones are powerhouses at half the price (Axon 7, OnePlus 3, Idol 4S)