Human head transplants are possible, says neuroscientist

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
Scientists have been carrying out head transplants on animals since the 1970s, when a monkey's head was moved to another monkey's body; the resulting creature survived, paralyzed, for a few days. But so far, no one has attempted to put a human head on a different human body. That's because, in part, they haven't had a way to properly connect the donor body's spinal cord up to the head, so the head-body hybrid would be similarly paralyzed below the transplant area. But a new paper by an Italian neuroscientist says the technology now exists "for such linkage," Quartz reports.

Dr. Sergio Canavero believes the best method would be to sever both spinal cords with an ultra-sharp knife, then rapidly fuse the two together mechanically, using plastics like polyethylene glycol, which has been successfully used to fuse severed spines in dogs. (Spinal cords from two separate animals have not yet been connected though.)

Popular Science states the obvious: This kind of transplant would be "enormously complicated," and involve reconnecting much more than the spine: bones, tissue, and millions of nerve fibers. The reconnection procedure would be strict to the extreme: The heads would have to be cut at precisely the same moment and then cooled to between 54.6 and 59 degrees, for instance.

Theoretically, the procedure would offer paraplegics the chance at a new body. But it wouldn't come cheap — Canavero estimates it would cost at least $13 million. (In the meantime, another amazing paralysis breakthrough is a reality.)

Human head transplants are possible, says neuroscientist

:ohlawd: The possibilities

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
They need nanotechnology to pull this off effectively. Removing the head and then having robots reconnect everything perfectly.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doctor: So we're going to cut off your head and attach it to this other, younger body.
Patient: What are the risks involved?
Doctor: :ld: Well, we will be... cutting off... :unsure: your head, so... If you're ready just sign on the dotted line and we'll get the anesthesia started.
Patient: :merchant: :whoa:

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
There are many well recognized christian scientists. Please stop with the filth.

u wouldn't really consider them to be real christians tho.

Most are just theist who follow the tradition of Christianity but don't actually take every so called historical biblical event literally.

And the percentage of Scientist who do take everything literally is in the lower single digits.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Science : 849,754,647

Religion : 0

:pachaha:

Yeah, I'm sure this is accurate. :leostare:

You should put this in you sig..

"The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. "

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Doctor: So we're going to cut off your head and attach it to this other, younger body.
Patient: What are the risks involved?
Doctor: :ld: Well, we will be... cutting off... :unsure: your head, so... If you're ready just sign on the dotted line and we'll get the anesthesia started.
Patient: :merchant: :whoa:

I see chicks with banging bodies all the time- that make me wish this conversation happened in their mothers womb. Some the faces are a sick joke.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
damn if your a parapalegic would you risk having your head cut off and put on a donor body? There is probably no where near a good percentage of surviving the operation. What good is the other body if the person is dead?

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
Although I'm pro science I'm not really feeling the way they mistreat animals for these test tho

cutting off the monkeys head :wtf:

the lil migga was alive for a few days afterwards wondering wtf just happened, paralyzed. :sad:

I understand sacrifices must be made in order for us to progress but I wish they'd kept that sh1t a secret, I don't like hearing that sh1t

:manny:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Although I'm pro science I'm not really feeling the way they mistreat animals for these test tho

cutting off the monkeys head :wtf:

the lil migga was alive for a few days afterwards wondering wtf just happened, paralyzed. :sad:

I understand sacrifices must be made in order for us to progress but I wish they'd kept that sh1t a secret, I don't like hearing that sh1t

:manny:

fukk that Monkey :birdman: