Human Spontaneity is a Lost Art

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Nobody just randomly do shyt anymore. I was watching Russell Westbrook play today and he got another triple double (I'ma relate this back to human spontaneity) and Kyrie Irving just now got a triple double. The different between Kyrie Irving's triple double is that he didn't try to do it., he was just playing basketball. Trip-Dubs used to be a product of just a player playing basketball. If you were able to get trip-dubs on the reg that's because you were a genuine all-around basketball player. You didn't having big men give up securing defensive rebounds.

I realized that's what old heads are mad about in sports. They don't care about skill and productivity, they watched sports for spontaneity. Now everybody is ultra into planning and orchestrated. This is not just in sports.

Everything is orchestrated and planned now. We got dating websites, meet up websites, review websites, algorithms, notifications and alerts for everything. When the last time anybody ever did something on the spur of the moment? When the last time you actually found something by finding it yourself? Not go on a website and read a review, or get it suggested to you? When the last time you just left the house with nowhere to go, just cruising? When the last time you did something just to see what happens?

I think people have internalized their manager at work. So now they got a little voice in their head bossing them around and trying to maximize their time, but they not really doing anything important. People bragging about how they scheduled their day to start at 2AM to read books. Most normal people tend to take the time to do these that they enjoy, if you gotta wake up super early to read a book, you just don't care about reading my guy.

Spontaneity is important to human life, that's part of the reason why so many people are unhappy because everything is orchestrated, there's no room for discovery. Get rid of the concept of wasted time and free time. All moments are moments for action and creativity. Just do stuff randomly for a week, what feels good for you.

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
Where have you been?
:pachaha:
There's been constant shenanigans from the oval office to this very forum.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
All facts

I’m going to spontaneously 1 star this thread

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody just randomly do shyt anymore. I was watching Russell Westbrook play today and he got another triple double (I'ma relate this back to human spontaneity) and Kyrie Irving just now got a triple double. The different between Kyrie Irving's triple double is that he didn't try to do it., he was just playing basketball. Trip-Dubs used to be a product of just a player playing basketball. If you were able to get trip-dubs on the reg that's because you were a genuine all-around basketball player. You didn't having big men give up securing defensive rebounds.

I realized that's what old heads are mad about in sports. They don't care about skill and productivity, they watched sports for spontaneity. Now everybody is ultra into planning and orchestrated. This is not just in sports.

Everything is orchestrated and planned now. We got dating websites, meet up websites, review websites, algorithms, notifications and alerts for everything. When the last time anybody ever did something on the spur of the moment? When the last time you actually found something by finding it yourself? Not go on a website and read a review, or get it suggested to you? When the last time you just left the house with nowhere to go, just cruising? When the last time you did something just to see what happens?

I think people have internalized their manager at work. So now they got a little voice in their head bossing them around and trying to maximize their time, but they not really doing anything important. People bragging about how they scheduled their day to start at 2AM to read books. Most normal people tend to take the time to do these that they enjoy, if you gotta wake up super early to read a book, you just don't care about reading my guy.

Spontaneity is important to human life, that's part of the reason why so many people are unhappy because everything is orchestrated, there's no room for discovery. Get rid of the concept of wasted time and free time. All moments are moments for action and creativity. Just do stuff randomly for a week, what feels good for you.

So much truth in this thread. I remember being Cuba and walking down some street in Havanna, the street looked curious and I wanted to just know where I ended up...ffwd now and a lot of my trip planning is I need to see this , this , this n this. In Paris, everything was so planned out and coordinated and the last day, being so burnt out, came off the wrong stop and started walking, having no clue where we were going. Ended up seeing this huge ass wall that looked like a palance and I was like :lupe::lupe: what is this place. Kept walking and bust the corner and it was the Louve and some fancy gardens ...which we didnt plan to do at all, but it was so worth it...:banderas::banderas:

I need to get back to just being spontaneous:mjcry::mjcry:

sidenote: Ricky Davis' attempt at a triple double was like some Westbrook ish :pachaha: