Hurricane Maria/Irma and Puerto Rico: 9/11 - Runway full of bottled water discovered untouched

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Another thing that really gets me about this why are they not running the electric underground now that they're starting from scratch

:snoop:
Stop it right here.that stuff takes planning, drawings, locating ,digging, laying pipe, laying out structures , coordinating with phone & cable.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Puerto Rico defends decision to sign $300m power grid repair deal with small-town contractor linked to Trump Cabinet

Puerto Rico and Whitefish Energy have defended their $300 million contract for the small Montana company to repair the US territory’s hurricane-ravaged power grid after the deal was criticised by US lawmakers.

The back-and-forth comes as Puerto Rico struggles to restore power to more than 80 percent of the island a month after Hurricane Maria made landfall.

Whitefish last month signed a deal with Puerto Rico’s quasi-public power utility, PREPA, to help fix a grid that was nearly destroyed by Maria, the strongest storm to hit Puerto Rico in 90 years.

Whitefish was awarded the deal without a competitive bidding process, and despite the facts that it had just two full-time employees and was established only two years ago. That drew criticism from legislators who suggested cheaper options might have been available.

In a statement on Tuesday, Governor Ricardo Rossello said his administration would review PREPA’s contracting practices and forward findings to the island’s comptroller.

Rossello defended the deal, saying it was necessary to ensure Puerto Rico would have workers in place quickly.

“Of those (contractors) who met the requirements and aggressive schedules to bring brigades, one was asking for a substantial amount of money - which PREPA had no liquidity for - and another did not require it,” Rossello said. “That other one is Whitefish.”

:lolbron:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
1 min ·
The White House said President Trump asked Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke if he had anything to do with Whitefish, the tiny energy company from Zinke’s hometown that had two full-time employees on the day Hurricane Maria struck Puerto Rico, landing a $300 million no-bid contract to restore the island’s devastated power grid, and Zinke told him “he had no role in that contract.”

White House: Zinke told Trump he had 'no role' in tiny company from his hometown landing massive contract
Whitefish is located in Zinke’s hometown and had two full-time employees on the day Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico.
THEHILL.COM

Well that settles that. Time to move on?

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Hill
1 min ·
The White House said President Trump asked Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke if he had anything to do with Whitefish, the tiny energy company from Zinke’s hometown that had two full-time employees on the day Hurricane Maria struck Puerto Rico, landing a $300 million no-bid contract to restore the island’s devastated power grid, and Zinke told him “he had no role in that contract.”

White House: Zinke told Trump he had 'no role' in tiny company from his hometown landing massive contract
Whitefish is located in Zinke’s hometown and had two full-time employees on the day Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico.
THEHILL.COM

Well that settles that. Time to move on?

No role huh? He's thinking in his head "technically it's true I had no role in the contract...my name isn't mentioned in the contract and I didn't sign/award it personally"

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Omg I think I just stumbled onto some damning evidence brehs.

So I was looking for this thread so I could merge it with the one that @88m3 just created on the first page. What did I use to search for it? Whitefish. Now mind, whitefish is the name of the company AND the name of the town in Montana that this company exists in.

What ended up popping up in my search results struck me immediately:

Today, through dikkenhorst Farms and several related companies, Sherry Spencer, 68, and her two children jointly own most of the family farmland, according to federal data compiled by the nonprofit Environmental Working Group. Sherry is a general partner in dikkenhorst Farms, and Richard and his sister are part owners, according to state and federal records. The family contracts out crop production to local farmers, a common practice in a region where corporations and absentee owners control much of the land.

The Spencer family's farms are headquartered at a $3 million home in the ski town of Whitefish, Montana, where Sherry Spencer now lives. Also headquartered there: Richard Spencer's think tank, his AltRight.com website, and other white-nationalist-related enterprises he controls, including a book publisher and a web design outfit. Spencer also has lived in Whitefish in recent years—sometimes in his mother's home, and sometimes in a condominium she owns, according to documents and interviews.

The Spencers have received payments from two federal farm programs. One is the commodity subsidy program, intended to guarantee income for farmers who are helping to maintain supplies of certain crops deemed important by the government. The other is the conservation reserve program, which pays farmers for environmentally sound farming practices. Most of the $2 million paid to the Spencers has been in commodity subsidy payments for growing cotton.

Yet, Spencer has been bitterly critical of America and its government.

"This is a sick, disgusting society," he declared in his speech at an alt-right gathering in Washington after the election, "run by the corrupt, defended by hysterics, drunk on self-hatred and degeneracy."

Reveal producer Emily Harris, Reveal host Al Letson, and freelance reporters Jade Williamson and Vladimir Jakovljevic contributed to this story.

White nationalist Richard Spencer gets his money from Louisiana cotton fields—and the US government

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Omg I think I just stumbled onto some damning evidence brehs.

So I was looking for this thread so I could merge it with the one that @88m3 just created on the first page. What did I use to search for it? Whitefish. Now mind, whitefish is the name of the company AND the name of the town in Montana that this company exists in.

What ended up popping up in my search results struck me immediately:

good find

smfh