HYPOCRITICAL? Jeezy Told Your Children To 'Trap Or Die' But Sent His Son To College

IS this hypocritical?

• Absolutely

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Nope, just looking out for his own

Votes: 32 60.4%

• Total voters

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why anyone would want to become a drug dealer by listening to Jeezy. If you are a lawyer strictly dissecting his titles perhaps but not if you listen to it. Trap or die is a mindset HE had, he's not telling cats to do it. Dude is a damn entertainer and legal businessman, so by the definition of how dumb nikkas interpret that quote he should be dead or be still be in the trap.

Dude talks about everyone he knows is in the feds, he talks about all the dead people he knows, jack boys, murder, sleeping in trap houses, standing on the block from sun up to sun down, snitches and on. Yea he mentions that he was special cause he had a nice car and chain. But If you would take all the other shyt to MAYBE get a car and a chain, then you've got some severe problems and you would've been fukked in any event.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Jeezy wasn't the chicken or egg in the situation, my generation was selling nick bags in 8th-9th grade and Im 1000% sure it was alot worse in the 90s and late 80s. The music reflects what's already going on.

I'm sure it was maybe a couple of spoiled lil nikkas who got everything they wanted in life and still wanted to portray that image cause of the TOD movement but stories like that are few and far between, and those kind of kids usually grow out of that shyt before they completely fukk their life up.
ok, So then the next generation was already selling, thus the rappers of the next generation music reflected what's going on? that's the cycle?

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
I hate shyt like this :mindblown:

So were questioning jeezy for doing what actors or criminals do for financial gain to feed his family & put his kids through collage:what:

Al pacino, Wesley snipes & many actors play influential movie script killers, criminals, drug dealers, crooked cops. :manny:

Scarface & nino influenced alot of kids to become drug dealers poor or not :francis:

Criminals, drug dealers, prostitutes, pimps all break the law or whatever to put food on the table & possibly put their kids through collage. :patrice:

Gangster rappers, trap rappers or whatever make that type of music they do because just like most actor's their good at it plus its lucritive art & the consumers love it including the hypocrites complaining :comeon:

If positive hip hop music was really lucrative jeezy would probably do positive music. :dame:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
i mean, I love the discussion.

Obviously, everyone wants their kids to do better.

Problem with rappers is that they glorify the process of streetlife like it's the ONLY option.

Some 16-year old kid at a fork in the road of his life, instead of getting a paper route or job at Target/Walmart and focusing on school.....he chooses to be a drug dealer bc he wants to make more money and live the street life he's heard rapper talk about

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No rapper ever inspired me to move dope and I've been listening to rap heavily since I was 9/10. The times in my life when I may have decided to serve were because of my own decision. It was usually to make some short term cash or just get myself over a hump. I never wanted to be some drug lord or trap king. It was always temporary and a means to an end. I think it may vary from person to person depending on how easily influenced the person is but I never listened to a rapper exclusively for life advice.

Luna

All Star
Daps
I'm so divided on this issue. For one, I don't believe any specific form of entertainment can mold anyone into a stereotype, but it does slowly change what we perceive as 'acceptable.' There's a reason kids are so sensitive: 'good' and 'bad' is as clear as day and night to them. As violence becomes normalized, they grow desensitized and conform that it's just one of the many aspects of life. Sometimes I marvel at the indifference people discuss tragedies such as terrorist attacks, mass shootings, even a death in the family. People adapt to situations rather quickly, and there's no telling what someone can become once they are accustomed to the concept of violence through the music they like the most. We see the outcome in broken homes everyday.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
if your child is being taught through a tv set then he/she already lost......