I am 29 years old and in $1 million dollars in debt

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Most people don’t want to move out of the country, and most global cities have a fairly high cost of living.
Lagos may be beautiful but electricity that never goes out >>>

True, but again, if you're at a certain income class you can get inverters and generators that mitigate this. Solar panel energy is getting very big right now. People use solar to generate energy and store it within an inverter for when power goes out.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
I’m not sure what you mean, but the gov lets everybody, regardless of major or degree, take that much out. After that, you have to prove how you’ll pay it back. That’s the way it was 8 years ago when I last checked. It might be more now.
Oh okay but that amount just seems excessive to me. Hopefully it is less now. Or at least based on the average cost to attend the school you selected.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's gonna take them at least 7 years to climb out of that hole but the problem is bankruptcy won't drop that student debt.
But at least it'll clear out all the other bullshyt where they can gradually pay off that student debt. It's not like they making $60k a year, they making $200k plus together

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
This is what I hate about marriage culture. Who in the hell forgot to tell them it's not a good idea in this financial situation?

You got to be kidding me!

She prolly makes up most of that (On average, women take up more student loan debt).

What the fukk are they thinking?
Breh its not even close. American women hold 2/3 of ALL student debt :mindblown:
American women hold two-thirds of all student debt—here's why
A lot of women party through college and get ran through all via student loans. They then graduate with a psychology degree only to find out that they cant pay off their laons. So they find a sucker to marry to put the loans on him :sas2:.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Maybe if they do it five more times, they can be president of the United States, and have people call them “great businessmen”
Trump never filed for bankruptcy last I knew. He bankrupted his businesses.