I Attend Church Regularly...And Leave Not Knowing A Damn Thing

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
tried to read the bible numerous times but can't make it past one chapter...i know psalms 23 but who doesn't....:manny:

seems like everybody in church knows/quotes bible scriptures and all i can do is fake the funk by movin my mouth without sayin shyt.....pastor speaks for 30 mins and i walk away questioning wtf did i just hear?

tbh...i go just to feel good about myself that i went....this shyt can't be right tho...:mjcry:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
tried to read the bible numerous times but can't make it past one chapter...i know psalms 23 but who doesn't....:manny:

seems like everybody in church knows/quotes bible scriptures and all i can do is fake the funk by movin my mouth without sayin shyt.....pastor speaks for 30 mins and i walk away questioning wtf did i just hear?

tbh...i go just to feel good about myself that i went....this shyt can't be right tho...:mjcry:

if you dont leave with a good feeling and a message you just arent paying attention.

Tornado Drill

Rookie
Daps
Sounds like your instincts are pretty good :yeshrug:. Church is a place of indoctrination and it tries to undermine and attack the peoples' critical thought process while they sit up in the pews listening to BS messages. Just ask the pastor a few questions for clarification and watch him try and BS you :lolbron:.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Does your work/school schedule allow you to go to Bible study. That will give you more time in the Word, you can ask questions. Learn more. Nothing wrong with Sunday service but it ain't really built like that in many churches.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bible study or personal study

Sunday morning at churches is for people who don't really want to go deep ...

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
fuk church breh

if u want to learn about religion then study it at home, you dont need to sit in a building. sing songs and have a preacher leach off u

my only advice would be not to just stick with Christianity, study all of them (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Five Percent Nation, Jainism, Hinduism, Greek Mythology etc)

and then study science, all fields, anthropology, astronomy, biology, everything, try to grasp as much as you can about every subject and school of thought

So you can realize most of what you learned from organized religion was duck tales (historically speaking, not saying there isn't any sort of wisdom to be extracted from them, because there is, as with all things)

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
fuk church breh

if u want to learn about religion then study it at home, you dont need to sit in a building. sing songs and have a preacher leach off u

my only advice would be not to just stick with Christianity, study all of them (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Five Percent Nation, Jainism, Hinduism, Greek Mythology etc)

and then study science, all fields, anthropology, astronomy, biology, everything, try to grasp as much as you can about every subject and school of thought

So you can realize most of what you learned from organized religion was duck tales (historically speaking, not saying there isn't any sort of wisdom to be extracted from them, because there is, as with all things)
THIS.