"I denigrate them to protect them" appropriate adaptation and post traumatic slave syndrome

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Can't even watch the full clip without the page redirecting to some bullshyt :francis: This is why I say:
  1. You're NOT "nikkas"
  2. Identifying our ancestors as slaves is detrimental to our well being... There's a difference between acknowledging them as enslaved and acknowledging them as slaves
  3. It's on us to reclaim their identity as whole, human beings. Doing so frees their determination which in turn frees ours and our reality on present circumstances

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
In the example Dr. Degruy uses would the black mother say similar thing about the black daughter?

Also I think there is a sociological explanation that a black person may learn it is not good to be seen as being better at something than a white person for fear of retaliation or sanctions.

And also there is research that shows black mother's view black male children as less intelligent.

Also slavery and everything that came after that installed a synthetic black mayriachy/gynocracy. MLK spoke about this in 'Where do we go from here?'

I don't know if the Dr. Degruy speaks to that at all or the vulnerability of black boys in the family.

I don't know yhat Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome theory has an explanation for that.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Can't even watch the full clip without the page redirecting to some bullshyt :francis: This is why I say:
  1. You're NOT "nikkas"
  2. Identifying our ancestors as slaves is detrimental to our well being... There's a difference between acknowledging them as enslaved and acknowledging them as slaves
  3. It's on us to reclaim their identity as whole, human beings. Doing so frees their determination which in turn frees ours and our reality on present circumstances
its being done already espescially by ADOS, people are pointing out that they were human beings that were mistreated and exploited as was the descendents that came after them including us.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
In the example Dr. Degruy uses would the black mother say similar thing about the black daughter?

Also I think there is a sociological explanation that a black person may learn it is not good to be seen as being better at something than a white person for fear of retaliation or sanctions.

And also there is research that shows black mother's view black male children as less intelligent.

Also slavery and everything that came after that installed a synthetic black mayriachy/gynocracy. MLK spoke about this in 'Where do we go from here?'

I don't know if the Dr. Degruy speaks to that at all or the vulnerability of black boys in the family.

I don't know of the Post Traumatic Slave Disorder theory has an explanation for that

:jbhmm:I have to look that up. What I got from the example she provided was that she believes black mothers really don't think their sons are less intelligent or incompetent but they will downplay them in certain settings to protect them. She also mentioned how a mother doing such could and does have a negative impact on their sons.