I don't give a f about Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays etc. Does this make me odd?

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
I only like Halloween. I feel as though I am too old for Christmas. I work 2 jobs. If I want something and have the money to buy it, I can buy what I want anytime out of the year. Plus I have no kids to buy gifts for. New Years? New year, same old shyt. Thanksgiving? Be thankful everyday. You don't need a special day in the year to be thankful and show thanks.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:francis: On the real, I was indifferent to the holidays due to the issues of my past from the horror stories of working at Best Buy and etc. Yet, somehow, someway I managed to snap out of it and get my jolly on, because Christmas :ehh:

fed809bcd6ce6674a1e1c04b82cbc94d.jpg

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
I probably stopped giving a fukk about holidays around my early teens. They're just regular days to me, but shoutouts to those who enjoy/celebrate them.

But yo, I just thought of something. If I don't celebrate my own birthday, I can use that to justify not giving a fukk about other people's birthdays :ohhh:
No! :ufdup: Run them gifts

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I probably stopped giving a fukk about holidays around my early teens. They're just regular days to me, but shoutouts to those who enjoy/celebrate them.

But yo, I just thought of something. If I don't celebrate my own birthday, I can use that to justify not giving a fukk about other people's birthdays :ohhh:
Yeah I feel you, if they're meaningful to people more power to them.

Same on my end tbh, growing up seeing how people move made me ask questions. I seen someone on Christmas give someone $50 and get $50, it was a big game of pass around:mjlol:

On my end birthday's are funny because I'll have family who haven't said a word to me all year wish my happy birthday through social media...not even a phone call or voice note
:mjlol:

But anyways feliz navidad, I'm about to have xmas dinner and open presents
:mjgrin:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
I enjoy the holidays for family gatherings, and seeing the joy on children's faces when they open their gifts. Oh, and the food is outstanding too. For me, holidays are about maintaining family and friend connections and spreading joy. The enlightened selfish part about it all is that I feel joy when those around me are feeling joy.