I Don't Think There's A Better Male Vocalist Than Donny Hathaway

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I've tried. He's my #1 vocalist of all time.

Giving up
Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
For All We Know
A Song For You
Love
I Know It's You
The Ghetto

His voice epitomizes depth, soul and emotion. I've cried so many times to his songs. His voice is so heavy with pain, experience and feeling and his live album is probably the best live album I've ever heard. I wish he lived longer. He definitely would've been had a legendary career. All the old head goats revered him. Quincy called him a genius. Stevie praised his talent.

He had no weaknesses as an artist. He was a gifted piano player. As a vocalist, he had no equal. He was a masterful composer. He composed the entire soundtrack for the movie Come Back Charleston Blue with Quincy Jones. He was gifted with the pen. And his live performances were like Sunday morning.

If you've never listened to him, take the time to listen. If you're a lover of soul, R&B, jazz, blues. Check him out. The 70s was an amazing time in black music.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Marvin and Sam Cooke for me. I didn't realize just how crazy Marvin could blow until I listened to the vocals separated from the music.
marvin-gaye-here-my-dear-20170606123323.jpg

this album separates marvin from the pack...n its funny as hell so called marvin fans have never heard this album

my uncle useta say this album was cursed if you listen to this album in its entirety ...and youre in a relationship...it will randomly go down hill..