I finally watched the Dark Knight Rises

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seemed like Nolan didn't even bother to actually put any effort, the script, the acting all of it was just phoned in.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ending brawl with Bane vs Bats in the streets with all the ppl fighting around them. shyt is B movie bad

I saw this movie in 70mm Navy Pier IMAX. When the title came onscreen, there was a standing ovation.

Now, while I was watching this movie, the one question going through my head is "Is this a worthy successor to The Dark Knight?", not whether it was merely a good movie nor whether it would be as good as The Dark Knight because I considered that impossible.

Now maybe you've been desensitized by Thanos throwing moons at people, but that final fight between Batman and Bane is nowhere near B movie status at all. That is the definition of epic. Batman destabilizing Bane's mask, Bane hitting Batman with those body shots...that's when I thought "It's not as good as TDK, but it's a worthy successor." The audience reaction was unlike anything I'd ever seen. Bad movies don't get standing ovations. Good movies don't get standing ovations.

TDKR achieved greatness outside of some minor flaws. I'd rather watch that fight scene than the greenscreen conclusion to Infinity War and End Game combined.

For reference, I think the best fight scene I've seen in a movie was The Raid 2 kitchen fight.