I had an out of body experience while sleeping the other night.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Mind going into detail

A recent one, I was in a deep sleep and a bear was charging at me full speed.

Had to edit my full comment. I'm changing my focus with responding to posters in the red.

The New York Times

Bears Are Running Amok in Connecticut. State Gives OK to Shoot Them.​

Amelia Nierenberg
Thu, August 24, 2023

31c98dc0-427a-11ee-bef6-fe26f103e6cd

In a December 2018 file photo, a state wildlife biologist uses a syringe at the end of a pole to inject Telazol into a young black bear that had climbed up a tree in West Hartford, Connecticut. The bear was relocated.

Earlier this month, Sara Grant was inside her home in Sherman, Connecticut, a small town near the New York border. Her 2-year-old was upstairs. Her newborn daughter was in her arms.
Suddenly, she saw her 4-year-old son, Gavin, running up the driveway, sobbing. A bear was close by.
“I screamed louder than I had ever screamed before,” she said.
Grant’s golden retriever, Jake, leaped forward and chased the bear off the property, driving it into the woods.

“He got multiple treats, an ice cream cone,” Grant, a 33-year-old stay-at-home parent, recalled. “He definitely got extra belly rubs that night.”

Human-bear interactions have increased dramatically in Connecticut in recent years, as the state’s population of black bears has multiplied and their geographic range has expanded. This year alone, bears in Avon crashed a parade and broke into a bakery. Elsewhere in the state, they have even invaded houses.

The danger was underscored this week in nearby Westchester County, New York, when a bear attacked a 7-year-old boy who was playing in his yard. (On Wednesday, health officials said the bear tested negative for rabies.)

Worried about public safety, Gov. Ned Lamont recently signed into law a measure that allows residents to shoot and kill bears under certain circumstances: if a person “reasonably believes” a bear could seriously hurt a person or a pet, or if a bear is trying to enter a building with humans inside.

It also prohibits intentionally feeding potentially dangerous animals, like bears, on private property.
Connecticut is the only state in the Northeast with a significant bear population but no bear hunting season. The new law, essentially a stand-your-ground law for bear encounters, was a modest step that has drawn critics from all sides.

Those who advocated instead for a bear hunt say the new law did not go far enough. They argue that bears must be taught to fear humans for their own protection, and that dead bears deter live bears from populated areas.
“It’s about altering the behavior of our bears and how they perceive humans,” said Jason Hawley, the leading bear biologist at the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, adding, “Bears don’t have a negative association with humans. In fact, I’d argue that they have a positive association with humans.”

Others say the law allowing people to kill bears in self-defense is dangerous, and nearly unenforceable. They are skeptical that law enforcement officials will be able to determine if people truly felt threatened before shooting.

They argue that residents should instead be taught to bear-proof their garbage cans, to put out bird feeders only in winter and to meticulously clean their barbecue grills. Remove the buffet, the thinking goes, and discourage the customers.

“Hunting bears is unsafe, it’s not necessary and most importantly, it’s not going to reduce interactions between people and bears,” said Annie Hornish, the Connecticut director for the Humane Society of the United States, which is part of the CT Coalition to Protect Bears.

Connecticut is hardly an outlier. Bear sightings have risen in parts of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Maryland, North Carolina, California and beyond, about 50 years after hunting restrictions and restoration efforts took effect, reviving devastated populations nationwide. Bears have also expanded their geographic ranges. In many states, they are roaming closer and closer to cities.

As a result, many states are now debating how best to manage bears. And bear hunts are returning to states that had previously prohibited them, including in New Jersey, which re-legalized a limited cull last fall. Gov. Phil Murphy had suspended the hunt on state property in 2018, but then bear sightings and aggressive encounters increased.

In the suburbs across Connecticut, bears who venture close to people’s homes are largely looking for food, wildlife experts say.

They fish leftovers out of bins, which humans helpfully leave in a row outside on collection days. Some tip over cans, teaching their babies to forage. Others prefer bird feeders.

“Bears tend to go for the easy food,” said Deborah Clark, the animal control officer in Simsbury, a town of about 24,000 people, which has recorded 517 bear sightings so far this year.

But a few bears have also attacked humans. Last month, a bear bit a 65-year-old man in Litchfield. (The bear ran away.) Last fall, one mauled a 10-year-old in Morris. (That bear was killed.)

It was this spring, after a bear bit a 74-year-old woman in Avon, that Lamont signed the law allowing people to shoot and kill bears when they are in danger.

“It started out as a nuisance, but this is no longer a nuisance,” said state Rep. Eleni Kavros DeGraw, a Democrat who represents Avon and other areas.

“We have anthropomorphized them, and they are not Yogi,” she said. “That’s the problem.”

Connecticut is home to 1,000 to 1,200 bears, according to the state environmental agency, and last year, bear home entries reached a new high: 67 reported invasions and dozens more attempts.

By comparison, Maine — where bear hunting starts in August and continues through November — has more than 30,000 bears, but incidents of bears breaking into homes are rare.

Some Connecticut residents are simply annoyed by the situation.

“I used to see them once a year, if even that,” said Phil Kayan, 35, who lives in Canton. “Now, I feel like we see them once a week, if not more.”

Bears play on Kayan’s patio furniture, and he picks up after their trash feasts, strewn across his lawn.

“They’re more of a nuisance than anything,” he said.

If you see a bear, scientists recommend, make a loud noise to let it know you are there, and keep your distance. If it starts coming toward you, wave your arms, shout and back away. (Do not run. The bear is faster.) Bear spray is an effective deterrent, although it can be unpleasant for humans, too.

In Simsbury, a group of friends called “The Ladies of the Lane” give each other a heads-up via text message every time they see a bear. But it’s becoming futile, said Laura Ferraro, 33. There are just so many notifications coming in.

She said she has tried all the normal bear-scare tactics: Air horns, car horns, even banging pots and pans.

Firecrackers are the only things that scare them off. She said her family keeps a stash near the backyard. When they see a bear, they light one and throw it onto the patio.

“You just have to be bear aware at all times,” she said.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That shadowy figure wasn't a spirit, but just a figment of your own subconscious. People who regularly have OBEs see those things as like defense mechanisms for your own brain. But they aren't real. Ignore them and go fully out of your body next time.

I used to have a lot of OBEs in my teens and 20s. I'd say my last conscious one was in my mid 30s. Lost the gift it feels like years ago though I did have a powerful lucid dream a few nights ago that could have turned into an OBE. Anyways very cool experience. My early days of OBE I would hover around the floor of my bedroom. When I got better at it I was transported several times to different locations.

I dont believe this at all. When I first started having weird dreams,I thought the shadow figures were bought on by fear. And really just a figment of my imagination. So I once tried to be a big shot,and laugh and scoff at then. They barked with some gutteral noise as if they were offended and called my bluff:huhldup:.

These shadow figures have been reoccuring in my dreams for years. I once drew some on paper,and that night i had one kidnap me and throw me in the back of a white van. Then I went on to have some of the sickest,but most artistic visual scenes Ive ever seen. It was like live versions of the Sisten Chapel painting. A bunch of nude bodies,blood,murder,torture,animals,serpants,demonic species,darkness. I was in awe and disgusted at the same time. If I believed in "hell",I imagine it would look something like this.:scust:. I woke up and burned the shyt out of those drawings. We strongly suggest yall stop playing.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Something was telling me NOT to check the hallway so I listened to my instinct and went back to sleep. :hubie:
I use to have "Astral projections" in my parents home as a child.

Technically only 1, the other felt like mere dreams. Don't go in the hallway.

When I was a youngin', I use to have nightmares where a demon was pushing me in the hallway through our hallway mirror. There was a loud audible tense sound in my ears as I was pushed. I'm not sure how or why I ended up in the hallway.
Do you have a hallway mirror?

2nd, I had 1 dream where I woke up outside of my body looking at myself sleep in mid air. I was able to see behind, through, in front and around me simultaneously. It was weird as shıt. I was also trying to open my eyelids but they shook closed as I looked at myself. I finally entered back in my body in a split second and woke up. My parents got tired of me knocking on the door to sleep with them so I listened to jazz music and stayed up.

3rd, I had mad dreams just waking up and unable to move my body. Eyelids glued shut.

4th, when I was like maybe 15, 16, I summoned a ghost I guess, just by talking it verbally into existence. It looked like the hue of a bbq grill but not shadowy and it followed me and my friend into the light upstairs then disappeared when he uncle came downstairs. I'll never verbally talk about spirits and ghost again. I can type it though. I feel like I have power in my words but also anxiety that creates things to life so I struggle with that now. I can pretty much speak things into existence.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all probably going to think I’m capping but I swear to God this is 100% real.

A few nights ago while I was drifting off to sleep I started to feel a weird sensation, like I was on a plane about to take off and then all of a sudden I was out of my body and I started floating/orbiting In my bedroom. It was a surreal experience because it felt like I was dreaming and awake at the same time, I was fully aware of everything around me and I had complete control over my movements and my room/house looked exactly as it did when I was fully awoke. I started floating into my hallway and just as I was about to head outside of my window I started to get uncomfortable so I woke myself up. When I woke up I had this eerie feeling that something was in my hallway so I tried forcing myself back to sleep and that’s when I had another OBE but this time I didn’t move at all and when I looked into my hallway I seen this dark shadowy figure with a hat on and he was just staring at me the whole time with this evil intent, like he wanted to harm me so I started to call on God and Jesus for help and that’s when I immediately woke up. I haven’t told anyone about this except for my mom (she told me she experienced something very similar to this most of the time) because people would of assume that I was crazy and making this up but I swear this shyt really happened.
It's called sleep paralysis
I had it a bunch of times

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
it really should be called something else

it's all in your mind

a in your mind experience¿

Technically everything is but many refuse to accept the simple fact of the primacy of consciousness hence its all a figment of your imagination.

Death may be a great illusion but life is greater still.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
you think so¿

how do you know¿

Too many reasons to list but if you do the Knowledge it becomes super obvious. Starter for ten:

Observer Effect.

The out of body aka inside your mind experience.

Dreams.

"Reality" is a persistent illusion much like a collective trip we're all experiencing in the flesh but it unfolds outside and within at the same instance via a symbiotic relationship hence change your mind and the world shifts.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I use to have "Astral projections" in my parents home as a child.

Technically only 1, the other felt like mere dreams. Don't go in the hallway.

When I was a youngin', I use to have nightmares where a demon was pushing me in the hallway through our hallway mirror. There was a loud audible tense sound in my ears as I was pushed. I'm not sure how or why I ended up in the hallway.
Do you have a hallway mirror?
I haven’t had a mirror in there for years.

Positive Poster

All Star
Daps
Y’all probably going to think I’m capping but I swear to God this is 100% real.

A few nights ago while I was drifting off to sleep I started to feel a weird sensation, like I was on a plane about to take off and then all of a sudden I was out of my body and I started floating/orbiting In my bedroom. It was a surreal experience because it felt like I was dreaming and awake at the same time, I was fully aware of everything around me and I had complete control over my movements and my room/house looked exactly as it did when I was fully awoke. I started floating into my hallway and just as I was about to head outside of my window I started to get uncomfortable so I woke myself up. When I woke up I had this eerie feeling that something was in my hallway so I tried forcing myself back to sleep and that’s when I had another OBE but this time I didn’t move at all and when I looked into my hallway I seen this dark shadowy figure with a hat on and he was just staring at me the whole time with this evil intent, like he wanted to harm me so I started to call on God and Jesus for help and that’s when I immediately woke up. I haven’t told anyone about this except for my mom (she told me she experienced something very similar to this most of the time) because people would of assume that I was crazy and making this up but I swear this shyt really happened.
You’re not tripping

I’ve seen Hatman too during an out of body experience and he looked very shocked to see the out of body me and ran away as he approached my sleeping body. I refer to Hatman because I googled the experience and found out there is a name for him because many people have experienced it.

I only recently had a recollection of a memory of being under 5 years old and seeing about a dozen shadow men in hats circling the bed when wide awake and asking my parents if they don’t see them also.

Anyway I brushed off the first encounter I mentioned and went about my business, despite beating an attempt at my death the next day.

I brushed it off and just got on with things. Later in life I’ve encountered beings while fully awake. It’s pointless telling people as they’d never believe, hell I wouldn’t believe either if someone told me about some of the things I’ve seen. There is more to life than meets the eye

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Too many reasons to list but if you do the Knowledge it becomes super obvious. Starter for ten:

Observer Effect.

The out of body aka inside your mind experience.

Dreams.

"Reality" is a persistent illusion much like a collective trip we're all experiencing in the flesh but it unfolds outside and within at the same instance via a symbiotic relationship hence change your mind and the world shifts.
i think that's a dangerous play with words

the experience in your head & the experience of real life are both experiences

but play around in real life get hurt for real

you can think whatever you like reality ain't shifting

you may think you can fly but climb to the top of the tallest building jump & i bet you your life you will not fly

ha

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I wouldn’t believe either if someone told me about some of the things I’ve seen. There is more or life than meets the eye

Speak on it. We talked about this at depth back when and it was a great thread as people shared all types of experiences:

Its way more common than people think because most people stay quiet in case they're seen as lunatics.