I hate when people online act as if people in this era are more moral then other era's

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
A lot of times when I'm on the internet and I'm on Thecoli, YouTube, or some other websites. There will be a clip from a TV show, movie or a song and they'll be someone who will make a comment about how they couldn't get away with whatever they are saying or doing in today's society. Yeah because people today have more morals then previous era's.

Give me a break you got people out here doing all kinds of sinful things. Yo have women out here selling their ass and twerking on Instsgram. You have people changing their sex because they dislike themselves. You have Rappers out here still calling women bytches and hoes, while still bragging about selling and abusing drugs and killing people. You have people trolling in the comment section of websites making racist remarks and too many other things to list.

People today aren't any more moral then any other decade or era. You have guy's young and old still out here sexually harassing women. You still have kid's calling people fakkit and other homophobic slurs. You still have people making fun of people being fat and people are still doing things that would get them sent to hell if you believe that place exists. And let's not act like there weren't times where entertainers took flack or got criticized for controversial topics.

From Elvis Presley, to NWA, to 2 Live Crew, to Andrew Dice Clay, to Ice T, to Eminem, entertainers have been criticized by society for saying and doing all knds of things. The only difference is that back then they weren't afraid to fight back or just ignored the critics. But today too many celebrities are too worried about being " cancelled " by some nerds living in their Mom's basement.

People are afraid to speak their minds because they fear they will get shut down. And instead of participating in a civilized debate, too many people want to shut the person with the opposing view by blocking them

Last edited:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
All I can think of when I see this poster now is an Uber breh telling Cobra Commander to sit his ass in the back seat

Whore D'oeuvres

Still Trippin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Soufside
I think that "not being able to get away with ______ in today's society" has just as much to do with morals and standards as it has to do with being watched 24/7. Back inna day if you did something, even on public television, the number of people who saw it would pale in comparison to the number of people that would today.

Stuff spreads like wildfire these days and it's not as restricted. By not as restricted I mean it'll cross different forms of social media in front of different groups of people vs back then you had these groups of people watching specific shows, listening to specific stations, reading specific news publications.

Now anyone in the world can be tracked down and chastised for something they did on their way to work last Thursday because we live in a panopticon where you could be being watched at any given moment and everyone's opinion can be broadcasted to the entire world.

Doodle

Banned
Daps
People today just act like they are more evolved than they were 20 years ago. Peel back the surface and people are not much different.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Well it depends on what you consider morals. For some reason sexual "immorality" Is the most important to a lot of people which makes no sense as the vast majority of times it means nothing. In terms of morality that effects peoples life in many ways we are better. There is a lot less killings, rape is less prevalent, I mean you should read history humans as a whole did a lot of demonic shyt as a whole. In some ways its worse as in capitalism is basically using people around the world as sacrifices to the 1% but as person to person its better.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Meh, people just have more ppl to see their thoughts. Which is why social media is weird.... ppl just hop on trains, talk shyt they dont care about or believe just for the look.

my sis in-law had her 80 year old grandma in Washington state and had her out during this COVID shyt, taking photos, the mall, shopping, etc.

now shes making daily posts about take it serious #stayinside